cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination rule is not triggering if the termination date is the end date of the month.

Hafeez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a leave type called Vacation Days for our USA employees. We are posting balances for this leave type based on the monthly frequency, but it’s not a straight forward monthly posting. We are posting the balances of previous month to the current month.

Ex: - On Jan 1st system will not post any accruals to employees. The Jan month accruals will be posted on 1st Feb, the Feb month accruals will be posted in 1st Mar, this will repeat every month.

We are facing the issue with termination scenario.

As we are posting the previous month balances on 1st of the current month, and if we initiate the termination action for any employee in the current month then system need to add the current month balances to the accrual.

Ex: - As per our policy, employees are eligible to get 0.44 hours per day. The Jan month accruals (31 days X 0.44 hours = 13.64 hours) we are posting on 1st Feb. Now if we initiate the termination by selecting the termination date as 20th Feb then system need to update the balances as below.

Jan month calculation (31 days X 0.44 hours = 13.64 hours) + No of days in Feb till 20th Feb (20 days X 0.44 = 8.8 hours) = Total 22.44 hours.

We have this logic on termination rule to post the balances on termination date as per the above calculation. This calculation is working fine if we select any date except 29th Feb. If we select the termination date as 29th Feb then system is not triggering the termination rule.

We observed this behavior if we select the termination date as the end date of the month (Ex: - 31st Jan, 29th Feb, 31st Mar, 30th Apr and so on).

Please let me know how to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Hafeez

SoraiaLatif
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Hafeez, if the accrual rule is being triggered instead of the termination rule, you can always define an if condition to capture this scenario. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Best regards, Soraia
Hafeez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @SoraiaLatif Soraia,

Thank you very much for your response.

I have built the below Termination rule, please let me know is there anything need to be added to the rule.

Hafeez_0-1708662794209.png

Regards,

Hafeez

SoraiaLatif
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hafeez, try to add an if condition in the accrual rule (not the termination rule) with the following:

if accruable end date = termination date

then

add the same details that you have in the termination rule.

Let me know if it works.

Thank you,

Soraia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)