cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TGM-17104 Goal Status Trigger Completion Setting?

Grant_Sidney
Explorer

Can multiple goal status values be marked as trigger-completion="true" in the goal plan templates?

The release notes specify that the 2H 2023 feature comes from Customer Community ideas, but the feature being delivered (basically: the completed status no longer needs to appear in rightmost position) does not address the functional gap raised in the three referenced enhancement requests (https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/276611, https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/286993, https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/287046).

The enhancement requests are asking to be able to configure more than one goal status as complete, because customers have multiple statuses (completed, cancelled) that should not trigger an engagement card on the latest home page.

The feature being delivered in 2H23, unless we are misunderstanding it, does not seem to address this gap. Can someone clarify?

Grant Sidney
Boston Scientific

mpaj
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Julie, can you confirm if you were able to delete only those with Goals with status Cancelled or Postponed? Your response seems to indicate that, but when I follow this process it only allows me to select all Goals cards with no choice as to which subset of the cards I'd wish to delete.
JulieMcSwain
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi @mpaj, The process I am referring to removes all goal cards that are not complete (as when completed the card automatically goes away). This is for both performance goals and development goals. There is no setting or way to distinguish between postponed, cancelled, or any other status to only remove certain ones but not others. This is the only workaround that I have found. I asked SAP to enhance this with the ability to choose between performance goals or development goals.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VanessaLi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Grant,

I confirm that we now allow the configuration of a specific status to trigger complete (not the last status anymore), but we still only support one status. 

If we supported multiple statuses, when the user go ahead and mark goal as complete, we would not know which status to update the goal to as there are multiple ones.

Grant_Sidney
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi, Vanessa. Thanks for the response. I think SAP may be misunderstanding the request. The primary concern is not what the button on the overdue tile does, but the fact that cancelled and postponed goals are showing up as “overdue” on the home page in the first place. A cancelled goal should not be considered overdue. We want to be able to configure our dispositioning statuses (i.e., statuses like Completed, Cancelled and Postponed) as “complete,” so that an overdue engagement card is not presented to the user. As it stands, it sounds like the 2H feature does not address this gap.
VanessaLi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Got it. Now that we have introduced this new attribute 'triggercompletion' in the goal plan templates, you can specify one state only. The question still remains if all 3 statuses does not trigger an engagement card, for the statuses that do trigger a card, and I go and mark that as complete, which of the 3 statuses should it update to since all 3 represents "complete".
Grant_Sidney
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi, Vanessa. I think it's fine to keep the button “Mark as Complete” as a convenience when reminding users of their overdue goals. Users can always click into the goal if they need to take other actions. What we don’t want is goals that have already been cancelled showing up as overdue, and users clicking the “Mark as Complete” button just to dismiss the card. If a goal is already cancelled, postponed, complete, etc. it should not trigger an engagement card.
Grant_Sidney
Explorer
0 Kudos
I understand your point. The button itself would need to be configurable, allowing customers to set which “close-out”/“disposition” status the button should map to (and customize the label in Manage Languages). Or the button should be taken off of the engagement card. Customers use more than one disposition status with CPM and Goals, and the functionality of this home-page reminder should be reviewed with that in mind.
JulieMcSwain
Active Participant
Hi, in the 1H 2023 release, there was a process added to clear reminder cards for all goals as a workaround for this issue. I used this for this exact use case of removing reminder cards for overdue goals with statuses of Cancelled and Postponed when our fiscal year closed. I am planning on doing the same process this year as it worked well. https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_RELEASE_INFORMATION/8e0d540f96474717bbf18df51e54e522/a0...