cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team's Integration with LMS - Permissions

Joshua_Bascom
Explorer

Hello,

We are looking into the Team's Integration with the LMS and had some questions around the functionality and Teams Permissions.

Generalized understanding of the functionality changes: Main confirmation we are looking for is if the user registers for a course the invite is added directly to their outlook calendar, correct?

Current:

• Instructor is added to class.
  • Admin inputs Teams link in Class.
  • User registers for a Class.
  • Gets sent a Vcal Notification and system notification.
  • User accepts Vcal notification.
  • User attend Class by clicking on teams link
  • Instructor or admin takes roster and records learning

Future:

• Instructor with VLS access is added to class
  • VLS settings set
  • User registers for a class
  • System notification is sent
  • Vcal is automatically inputted to users Outlook
  • User can still attend class by using team link or going to LMS
  • Class is automatically recorded

Permissions:

The documentation asks/suggests that we provide the 3 requested teams permissions to ALL users. Our IT team has an issue with this. Do all users need the permissions to be able to interact with the Teams or do the permissions only need to be added to the instructors. Any suggestions on how you bridged this with your IT team regarding the Intent/possibility?

Intent being to provide a easier/better experience for the end user and admin vs giving SAP Teams data to read/write on your presidents calendar.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Tammy_JB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

My Azure/Powershell administrators found this blog to be very helpful with the commands/permissions.

https://talenteam.com/blog/successfactors-learning-and-microsoft-teams-vls-integration/

Specifically #4 in the blog -- each time I add a new instructor to LMS, I contact my IT team to apply the following command for that specific user/instructor:

Grant-CsApplicationAccessPolicy -PolicyName SFLearning -identity “instructor@example.com”

Initially, I provided a list of all the instructor email addresses that this command needed to be applied.

Hope this info helps!

Tammy Brady
Benjamin Moore & Co.

Joshua_Bascom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tammy, Thank you for the info. Does this mean it only needed to be applied to the instructors not the users as well? Looking into the documentation now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Tammy_JB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just to instructors...

Took us a while to get this up and running until we were referred to that blog article by our SAP Partner that we were working with.

Good luck!

Tammy_JB
Explorer
0 Kudos

For #4 in the article -- just instructors

For #3 in the article -- users