cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Off - Time Type wiht multiple "dynamic" Time Account Types

patrikneubacher
Explorer

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to attach different Time Account Types to a Time Type but creating a Time Account for e.g. Disability (which should be incorporated into the Time Type = Vacation) only if the user has a certain flag?

• The goal is to have separated accounts in the background but within ESS the request is done via "Vacation". I'm trying to avoid creating unecessary Time Accounts e.g. for disability for all employees with a Time Profile where Time Type Vacation is attached.
  • As well when configuring the Time Account Types "Disability" & "Seniority" without any automatism (Account & Accrual) the Time Accounts are always created when assigning the Time Profile

• Else well I would like to avoid creating multiple Time Types and Time Profiles.

neelesh.kamath evangeliap as you are deep in the Time Off topic - I thought or better have the hope you have an idea? I thought it through several times but didn't find and option so far or overlooked it.

Thanks a lot for any hint and discussion!

Patrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the easy part would be having vacation as the time type and next to that having 3 time account types in the posting rules (potentially in the order you had shown above). Unless I am missing something I don't see an issue in that part as then vacation just takes time out of those buckets in that order.

Conditional creation is a bit more of a challenge, because if you turn on automatic creation it always at least creates the time account and if you turn it off you really have to run a calendar.
Is the customer really opposed to having the buckets by default (else you could also turn on automatic creation, but could set fields in job data that would allow entitlements only to be added if something in job info tells this to be the case - note that will have to be a numeric field!)?

If creation of the accounts is really a must automatically and it can only be done at a specific moment, the easiest thing is likely creating a business rule on job info that checks if the field that determines disability or whatever and then causes a 'trigger'.
For the next step you'd need to setup something in integration center that generates the account in combination with intelligent services based on that trigger.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patrikneubacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi jasper.de.groot,
thanks for your answer.

The first point you mentioned was/is also my understanding of configuring the requirement.

The issue I see is I don't want to create unnecessary accounts. Lets say we have 100 employees assigned to the time profile with the time type = vacation and the three time account types attached as posting rules. Lets consider we have 3 employees "eligible" for an extra disbality accrual and account.

• when assigning the time profile all 100 employees will get all accounts (even though no automatism is activated)
  • when performing a calendar run - all 100 employees will get all accounts

Technically I wouldn't say it is not an issue but also not very nice having 97 accounts for extra vacation due to disability without any accrual.

I also thought about the workaround with ISC and IC creating those accounts when needed. But then the accruals are not created automatically and with manual accruals recalculations (if needed) don't work.

I understand the need having all time account types under one time type so in the end the employee within self-service just requests "vacation" but in the background it is differentiated by different accounts. Indeed easiest would be to have everything as one accrual in one account.

It's challenging from config side 😉