cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of a participant from one position to another and distribution of his payments

1. Is it possible to consider receiving payment through a participant, and not through his position?

Example:

Reporting period: November

Participant 1 was assigned the position "1001".For sales in the position "1001" participant 1 receives Credit, Incentive, deposits and payments.

Position dates:

During the reporting period, Participant 1 is transferred from position "1001" to position "1002" where he also Credit, Incentive, deposits and payments..

Dates of position "1002"

Result:

As a result, I receive two payments from one participant.

2. Why is the payment calculated only for the last taken position in the accounting period when the Process end date changes?

If I change the "Process end" date in position 1001, then I have one payment for the last position (position 1002) in the period.

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi lyubadacyukcan you please close this thread if this answered

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member495
Employee
Employee

Hi Lyubov,

1. Positions define specific, unique jobs that participants perform in each specific area of the company.

There is a unique position for each participant. Each position in Commissions is grouped under a job title.

The positions created in SAP Commissions typically mirror the positions on your organization chart and reflects subordinate and management positions.

Payments are always done at Position Level as they are the Key indicator for the participant.

The pipeline processing happens via the position as Position's are assigned to Title and Title to Plan and Plan trigger's the rules.

Generally, position's are assigned to a participant at different effective period's.

In your case there is a overlap in November 2020 that is the reason you see two payments.

Any reason why we have a overlap if the participant 1 is transferred out of Position 1001 and to Position 1002?

2. From the snapshot, I assume that dashboards get data from payments and pay stage of pipeline is

run.Please note that if the Processing end date is less than the effective end dates then the Position will be processed up-to deposit.

Is there any specific reason for changing the Process End date. Please Note it is a best practice to keep the dates in sync.

Payments will be processed only if the Processing end date Overlap the Position's Effective End date.

You may refer to the Commissions documentation "Custom Processing Dates" on how the credit and process end dates are managed.

Hope my response is helpful.

Thanks

Krishnan

Thanks for the answer, krish19 !

Answering your question: "Any reason why we have a overlap if the participant 1 is transferred out of Position 1001 and to Position 1002?"

Participant 1 in the first half of the month works in one department 1, occupying the position "1001" and makes sales there. Then, in the second half of the month, he moves to department 2, while taking the position "1002" and also makes sales. Is it possible to withdraw one payment from participant 1 for two occupied positions "1001" and "1002" during one period, or will we always see the payment divided by positions?

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi lyubadacyuk
Can you close this questions, since its pending since long time. If you have further questions, just let me know