Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upserting merit/lumpsum data with API in compensation worksheet

jw_yoon1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to upsert values of merit/lumpsum field in live worksheets by API.
It seems we can query the worksheet data via ad-hoc reports, but I'm not sure if upserting is possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do not have API for Compensation templates yet.

That being said, if the template is integrated with EC, we do have an API from EC or other modules to custom MDF Objects which can be linked to the standard recommendation fields to feed the initial recommendation into the worksheets. Once worksheets are live however this data cannot be adjusted any more so as to safeguard values potentially entered on screen by planners.

All the best

Xavier

ErikaT
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Is this on the roadmap? Will we have API form Compensation templates in the near future?

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Erika

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

erika.toth2 I can't speak for the Product team but from recent conversations I indeed believe it will come within 2-3 years.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jw_yoon1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your kind response.

Considering that API access is not available for the published worksheet, is there any possible workaround to set default values for merit/lumpsum on an individual user basis?

Due to various factors, I'm looking for alternative method instead of setting guidelines based on the UserID..

Thank you in advance.

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi jiwonyoon

Guideline by UserID would be the only way to be able to use the standard configuration columns indeed.

I recently had a situation where a customer has an AI-powered external tool that helps them determine guidelines that they want to keep using after they go-live with the Compensation module. What I did was I created an MDF object to store these guidelines for each user (one row for min, one for mid, one for max), they load the values by employee there and then I use custom validations to make on save checks on the worksheet.