Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning message to set up at Location & Department config Object

viel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We wanted to have warning message to set up at FO for addition/change for Location, Department and Legal Entity. Could you kindly please let us know if it is possible to have warning alert at FO level?

If the warning message is not possible, can mail be generated to pre-define mail id for the new generation/changes at FO level?

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

Ronna

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear viel,

Thank you for your post.

For me to try to help you, can you please describe in details what you are looking to achieve, for example when I change a department I want to raise a message/email to someone or see a warning pop up message when I try to save, etc.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karen Perez

viel
Participant

Hi karenperez ,

Thank you very much for responding! Yes, we want a warning message and a mail notification in manage data of FO.

For example, if a new Department is created or an existing Department is updated, the warning message and mail notification will be triggered.

We needed this functionality to ensure that we have proper communication of the new department / legal entity.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear viel,

Here is a KBA link to help you with MDF Alert/Notification setup, but also I share the Employee Central: Managing Alerts and Notifications IDP which is valuable and with real examples (you can take the position example as a basis and implement based on your department case).

About a warning message to be triggered in the object save, you have to create a simple MDF rule, assigned on save in the object, where depending on what you want to control in terms of changes, it triggers a message (created under the manage data > message definitions) as warning, error or info. Sample below from the payment information object, but you can create in the same way for your department object:

I hope this helps!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karen Perez

viel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @karenperez ,

Thank you so much! It works in the Department object! However, we have also the location; would you be able to confirm whether it is possible in Location, as I believe it is not available in the Configure Object Definition? Thank you so much for your help.

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear viel,

Sure, you can also have business rules running for FO like Location. One example is the code generation rule for Location that you can find in this KBA, so I would recommend that you follow the instructions and adapt as per your requirements (instead of generating a code, you can raise message and add the rule as onSave, for example).

I hope this helps!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karen Perez

Answers (0)