cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Pay Component is required for Milestone Award Program in SuccessFactors Compensation Management?

CarsonWongIVC
Participant
0 Kudos

I learnt from the implementation guide that:

1. Milestone Award must be a points-based award (weird why can't it be just thank-you award or currency-based award)

2. Milestone Award programs are only available for EC customers.

And when I try to create a new milestone award program, the pay component is a mandatory field. What is the usage of it?

My requirement is to send a thank you recognition for birthday and work anniversary but seems the milestone award program may not cater due to:

1. milestone award can send email notification only but not web notification (ie. Cards in Homepage)

2. milestone award must be a points-based which we don't have any redemption partner subscription (we may try to set it up to record the points which will never be used)

3. milestone award program must have pay component assigned which implies a non-recurring payment record will be created with payment amount (confused again as milestone award is a point-based award, why payment record will/must be created?)

I have scanned through the guide and KBAs but cannot find a good answer. Hope someone can help.

xavierlegarrec appreciated if you and your team can provide insights on it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

CarsonWongIVC
Participant
0 Kudos

xavierlegarrec thanks for your great help! Happy New Year 2024~

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

carson_ivc

Forwarded your questions by email to Product Management.

All the best,

Xavier

CarsonWongIVC
Participant
0 Kudos

xavierlegarrec wonder if you can forward the email to me for follow-up as I didn't receive any update on it.

Actually I did submit a ticket (Case ID: 16245 / 2024) just as they rejected to provide support on this type of questions as expected.

Thanks for your help.

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi carson_ivc

They replied that these are good enhancement requests for Milestone awards and requested you raise these ideas on the Influence website here: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/92

All the best

Xavier

CarsonWongIVC
Participant
0 Kudos

Well...I am confused why this is classified as an enhancement request but I will raise it there and hope I can get an explanation from product management team.

Thank you.