cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon theme affect on org chart photos

brian_hanes
Participant

When we enable the Horizon visual theme, all of the photos in our company org chart now appear more zoomed in and as a result, the top of many people's heads are being cropped off.  Changing the zoom level of the browser or the org chart display does not resolve it.

Has anyone else experienced this?  

I hope it's not just a case of 'that's just the way it is' because, at least for our execs, they are using professional headshots and I don't want to have to ask everyone to reload their photo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Purnima
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @brian_hanes - Can you please retest in Preview. The fix for this is coming with with 1H2023 release.

brian_hanes
Participant
0 Kudos
I have retested and still having the same issue. I have opened a support case, but have been told that it's working as intended, which unfortunately, causes an issue for us. Even when I try to upload a new photo, I am unable to adjust the zoom level and vertical centeredness to make it look acceptable.
Tariq_K
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Purnima, do you know if the fix will be released before all customers are moved to the new theme? I did not see anything come out in 1H 2023.
dannyser
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
@Tariq_K @brian_hanes The 1H release fixes addressed the issues with photos appearing horizontally stretched on-screen and in the exported files, they’re delivered as Purnima noted. We’re working on improvements to the zoom/crop treatment. Because customers have a wide range of photo specs (focus, background color, aspect ratio, etc.) we need to make the styling more flexible. Our design team is actively engaged on this issue right now, several other customers have raised it.
Tariq_K
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the update. Will the fix apply to the Position org chart as well?
dannyser
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
@Tariq_K It's not decided yet, but the goal is to present consistently styled photos across the suite. It's the reason we don't plan to revert to rectangles on the Org Chart, as easy as that might be.