cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impacts on the Generation of Client Secret ID for OCN configuration in Linkedin Learning

taniaramirez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello good morning!

We are currently configuring the OCN for SSFF LMS with LinkedIn Learning, and we have a guide that we found in Microsoft but I have doubts because it asks us to create an LMS Secret Client ID but when entering the following legend appears:

"The information necessary for the client uses the public key to validate the digital signature of the OAuth access token. Note: Generating a new client secret will invalidate all previously generated ones. Be sure to write down the newly generated client secret. The system does not store the actual value, only the hash value, so once you leave this page, it will not be possible to retrieve it."

The legend of "the generation of a new client secret will invalidate all previously generated ones" causes us uncertainty because checking with the SSFF Support teams confirms that they have never generated this "secret client id"

Can we generate it for this new process that we have for OCN configuration? Or does it have an impact that we are not seeing or mapping in the LMS process?

I appreciate your kind support.

María Flores

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SF-Chris
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have ever generated a client secret in the OAuth Token Server page, you will see a "Client Secret Hash Value" with data. If this is the case, then you have generated a client secret before. If you are using it or not, it's not simple to tell as you could very well be using OData APIs or OCN integration. 

You are always able to generate a client secret that is specific to an admin. The difference is that some APIs that are utilized can only be triggered by the client specific secret versus the admin secret. It depends on what the vendor that you are integrating requires.

taniaramirez
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Cris! That's right, what we need to get is the "client secret" of the Administrator that was created specifically for the OCN configuration process in SSFF. With this that you share with me, it helps me to confirm that creating the "client secret" of the new Admin user does not impact us in any process because it is a "new" user I appreciate your support. Regards.