cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Relationship Portlet in EC on the Employee Profile

amandafburton
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello - does anyone know if its possible to hide the Job Relationship (HRBP) section from the Employee Profile for certain roles? I know we can enable RBP for roles to view or edit but what if we just want to hide it from Managers and Employees? I do not see an option for any type of override or "hide" option. Thanks in advance! 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Razia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @amandafburton ,

There is only one way to hide the Job relationship portlet and that is not to provide view permission for Job Relationship in RBP.

In case you, want to show the portlet to all admins, then you can provide view access to only admin permission roles.

Similarly if you want to hide it from managers and employees, then make sure the manager and employee related permission roles do not have view access to job relationship portlet.

An employee gets RBP access from multiple permission roles, that's why make sure that none of the permission roles are giving view access to job relationship. 

Another way to hide the details is using onView business rule but it won't hide the portlet, it will hide only the details in it. Example rule creation steps KBA is related to phone information in contact information portlet: 2502581 - Hide fields in Phone Information portlet - SAP Employee Central

You can create as similar rule for job relationship information base object. We cannot hide specific role types, either all will be displayed or all will be hidden by this rule.

Let me know if any further queries. Otherwise, please consider marking this answer as solution if your question was properly answered.

Regards,

Razia

amandafburton
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you! This was extremely helpful and what I needed to confirm.