Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Type Validation

k_SuccessFC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Community, 

I would like to ask for an insight how to carry out this requirement. 

There are conditions that error message will appear when raising Sick Leave with Certificate Leave Type. 

• Total of 5 days taken in each accrual year. OR
• Maximum 2 successive days taken.

What functions do I need to use for these scenarios? If I use the first function on the attached screenshot, it will only take if the days are successively requested. Example Feb 17, 2023- Feb 18, 2023. But if you file these days separately e.g. Feb 17, 2023, and then another one for Feb 18, the function will not cover the scenario. And as for the conditions for 5 days taken per accrual year (second function), it conflicts with the one for two successive days. How can we cover these both? The time type is in hours unit. 
rule.PNG

Thanks! 

View Entire Topic
Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Vijay,

unfortunately this is not possible at all. The import is currently limited to duration and to 1 default time type. There are of course plans to enhance this import with start / end times and especially to provide a proper clock in / out integration (something like in ERP the HRPDC interface), but this is only planned feature, not yet available.

Why is the restriction regarding duration based import only?

Mainly due to the fact of break handling / automated break deduction in EC in combination with upload start / end times and even maybe external recorded break times. It was simply not possible to cover the full scenario to upload times with start / end times, provide probably even the possibilty to upload different time types (working time, breaks) and to mix it with any existing break handling in the time sheet / time valuation when the times don´t get uploaded but recorded within a release. This is why the import is first restricted to duration. I hope we find the time soon to enhance it.

Regards

Volker

GabiMoraru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Volker!

Is this still the case - only duration possible to be imported?

Thank you!

Gabriela

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

we are currently working on the uploadment enhancement for start / end times and multiple time types. This is done for the Q1 release. However, hope you understand that I can give an official update on this enhancement only as soon as the release is released. There could be a flu pandemie and all our developers get ill for some weeks and we can´t finish development. Or any other reason.

But as said, we are working currently on it and if all works as planned we can provide this enhancement for Q1.

Do you need only the import enhancement or a proper clock in / out integration where time punches are send to EC, we perform the pair building and create time sheet records? Import enhancements come first, afterwards the proper clock in / out integration.

Best regards

Volker

former_member48871
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Hope You are doing well.

Any work around where I can be able to show time in/out records for each duration?

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

what is the exact purpose for it and where do you want to show it? It is not possible to show it in time sheet. Maybe you can upload in addition a record with start / end times in a custom MDF where you build an own UI for. But if you need the start / end times in time valuation (for break deduction, for wage type generation ....) there is no workaround for it. You will need to wait till we deliver this feature.

Volker

Phil_Southall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Volker

Is there a planned release this year for delivering the clock-in terminal style integration? We are in discussions with a potential new customer who are looking at whether they can replace their existing T&A solution with EC Time Sheet, and this is a key requirement as they currently have multiple terminal providers globally that all feed into their existing T&A solution.

Regards

Phil

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Phil,

we are focussing this year on clock in / out terminal integration and the subsequent processes. But due to the fact that it is a really big topic I can´t give a release date. It espcially depends on your customer requirements, what he needs, how he is doing the business process. Are employees clocking out breaks, is approval requested when a missing clock in / out is re-done by the employee, alerts needed..... We ship incrementally and depending on what he needs he might use our solution earlier or later. The topics around clock in out are:

- Enhance the time sheet upload service with start / end times and multiple time types (comes first)

- Pair formation and initial checks (double clock in / out.. clock in although absence is recorded...)

- dynamic break deduction (after xx hours of attendance time a break deduction when break is not clocked out or not sufficiently clocked out)

- Alerting / error messaging when clock in / outs are missing

- and some other topics more.

Means, we provide a solution but this will be ongoing development till probably mid next year. And depending on the concrete requirements your customer might use it earlier.

Not very helpful - I know ;-), but clock in / out is such a big topic that a general statement based on the only fact "clock in / out" can´t be done.

Regards

Volker

Phil_Southall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Volker

Thank you for replying and for the added information - it's very useful for our assessment at this point in time 🙂

Much appreciated!

Regards

Phil

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

I can´t give a firm statement before the Q1 2018 release is actually released, but we plan to release a new MDF object in Q1 2018. This object is called "External time data record". This will replace in future the "External time record" object. The new one compared with the old one contains start / end clock time and time type.

However, in Q1 2018 release there won´t be an API available for this, this comes in a later release. But you could fill the object with normal MDF import functionality.

Regards

Volker

juhaszbala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

We are currently building a custom SAPUI5 SF extension application in which we handle clock-in and clock-out. After reading the whole thread, I understand that the ExternalTimeRecord in the OData API will be replaced to the "External time data record". What additional features will it contain? As I see the ETR is only able to externally write duration, not clock-in/out times, can you confirm, please? A customer requirement is to write the clock-in and clock-out as "Clock Time" to EC from this external SF extension application, but I fear this is not possible, however this should be the basis of the payroll. Is there any workaround you could propose, or any update on the Roadmap when it'll be possible?

Many thanks in advance, bests,
Bálint

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the External time data record will contain: user, duration, start time, end time, date, timetype.

The current External time record contains only: user, date, duration.

Hence you will be able to upload a record with time type and start / end time. The duration is then calculated in EC Time.

In Q1 we won´t have an API for it, at best the MDF object is available and you can upload via MDF import. The API is going to be released in the near future then.

Hope this helps.

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

I can´t give a firm statement before the Q1 2018 release is actually released, but we plan to release a new MDF object in Q1 2018. This object is called "External time data record". This will replace in future the "External time record" object. The new one compared with the old one contains start / end clock time and time type.

However, in Q1 2018 release there won´t be an API available for this, this comes in a later release. But you could fill the object with normal MDF import functionality.

Regards

Volker

juhaszbala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks, this is already very useful information. Is there any approximate (or exact?) time when the new MDF object will be available?

Thanks,
Bálint

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Juhasz,

the MDF object will be released with Q1 release. All MDF objecst can be filled with MDF import via the "import data" function in EC.

I cannot yet say when the corresponding API will be made available.

Volker

juhaszbala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

Thanks again for the reply. I've noticed that it's possible to import "Employee Time Sheet" as generic object in in SF under Import and Export Data. My question is: what will be the additional benefit of the soon-to-be-developed External Time Data Record MDF object compared to it? I don't see the full picture and would like to understand why a custom MDF object is being developed for external time recording, if it's already possible to import employee time sheet directly.

Many thanks in advance,
Bálint

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Balint,

you can import the time sheet object, but there are lots of processes that only gets triggered when we create the time sheets with the save action in our time sheet. As you know we got a real-time time valuation. And this gets triggered only upon spefic UI actions (like save, submit...). You will have no time valuation triggered when you import a time sheet via MDF import. There are no collision checks. There is no approval workflow triggered, and many more. So, it does not help at all to import time sheets, they are only stored in the object then, but not processed further.
And I just learned that I need to revise my above statement. It seems as if there are problems and we can´t get them under control before branch cut of the release. Hence, the new object might be available in Q1, but it is doubtful if you will be able to fill them. Stay tuned till our internal release reviews, than I know more on this.

Regardrs

Volker

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Balint,

we are working on it, but we can´t give an date when an upload -either with API or MDF Import- of external time data with start / end time will be possible.

Regards

Volker