Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on HCM solutions for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

**Update on June 23, 2023**

Starting June 29, 2023, the SAP ONE Support Launchpad will redirect you to SAP for Me without further prompts. Find more information in My Support.

SAP strives to provide a more harmonized and integrated support experience that is simple to use and available for all SAP solutions. As a major step in this direction, the SAP ONE Support Launchpad is migrating to SAP for Me as your central entry point for SAP support, alerts, metrics, and insights into your SAP product portfolio.

• Starting April 22, 2023, when accessing the SAP ONE Support Launchpad, you receive a pop-up redirecting you to SAP for Me 
  • You will have the option to stay in the launchpad in case needed until the deprecation date, if you click on ‘Continue with the SAP ONE Support Launchpad for now’.
  • Important note: If you choose ‘Make SAP for Me my new entry point’, your choice will be remembered and the next time you try to open the SAP ONE Support Launchpad homepage or a bookmarked application, SAP for Me will automatically start for you. You can go back to the SAP ONE Support Launchpad from SAP for Me by clicking on your ‘User Profile’

go back to OSLP.png

If you never used SAP for Me before, you will be invited to personalize your homepage. Read more about the New Personalized Home Page of SAP for Me | SAP Blogs

• Starting June 29, 2023, SAP for Me will be the central entry point, and the SAP ONE Support Launchpad homepage will be deprecated. If you try to open the launchpad homepage or any bookmark, you will be automatically redirected to SAP for Me without further prompts. Redirects will bring you to the respective place in SAP for Me. In case you’d like to see an overview, review Where can launchpad tiles be found in SAP for Me?
  • After signing into SAP for Me with your SAP S-user ID or your SAP Universal ID and accepting the terms of use, you can:

• perform your support-related tasks e.g., submitting a case or chatting with an expert leveraging the new step-by-step guided ‘Get Support’ application.
    • view personalized content for your product portfolio including a holistic overview of your licenses, orders, consumption status, and perform other self-services, e.g., cloud system provisioning – all in your preferred language.

If you have any questions or concerns during the transition, we have several resources to support you including:

SAP for Me is made for you – explore me.sap.com/home today!

7 Comments
Ethan_Dai
Participant

Hi there,

I tried out the new SAP for Me page and it is realllllllyyyyyy slow.. everything is very laggy. When I tried to access the open tickets I have, it took the page almost 10 seconds before it started to load. It is almost unusable.

I did this using my own laptop with my own internet connection so I know it's not due to my organisation's network.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Thanks

JulieMcSwain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I am also experiencing extreme latency issues on any page or selection in SAP for Me. I reported this in the Feedback today and also commented on another SAP post a while ago as I  attempted to start using it but it was way too slow. I have no such issues anywhere else. 

I am hopeful this will be resolved soon by SAP. 

Thank you,

~Julie

amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Julie, Ethan,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. 

We have been working on analyzing and improving the performance of SAP for Me. Based on the customer feedback we collected, some areas have been optimized already, and we’ll work on continuous improvements.

It would also be great if we can collect some specific findings from you: the URL and a rough estimation of the loading time and the users location.

Thanks and regards,

Amanda

Ethan_Dai
Participant

Hi @amandagong,

The url I used was https://me.sap.com/home.

I timed myself and it actually took just over 20 seconds to load after I clicked on the view all support cases in the screenshot below. I am based in Australia.

Also, in SAP for Me, you can't create your own custom tile to display all my tickets (like you could in Launchpad). In the screenshot below, it only displays the tickets that require my action. If I want to see all my tickets, I have to change the filter after waiting for 20 seconds for the screen to load to see them.

Thanks

Ethan_Dai_1-1682551304908.png

amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Ethan for the detailed information and the screenshot! 

I will forward that to to team.

With regards to the case list, something new will come.

In the new design, there will be tabular list gives you access to

• Open Cases created by someone in your organization,
  • My Open Cases that were reported by you,
  • Closed Cases that were resolved and confirmed,
  • Drafts that haven’t been sent to SAP yet, and
  • Sessions with an SAP product expert.

In addition, you can save multiple frequent use views with your own customized filters.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Amanda

JulieMcSwain
Active Participant

Hi,

Today is not a good morning to be back in the office after a US holiday weekend. This site is SO unreliable. I have open tickets and emails of responses from SAP Support that I cannot read as this site is AGAIN having issues. This timing during the release in test instances is very troublesome. I do not know how else or where to voice my frustrations than here. Whoever is in charge of this site needs to know how frustrating this is and that this needs to be resolved once and for all. Thank you.

~Julie 

Ethan_Dai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

I completely feel your pain.... I tried out the new SAP for Me and will not be moving to it unless I am forced.  It is horrendously slow, took up to 20 seconds before the tickets start to load (not finish loading). Launchpad is by all means not the most responsive portal (in fact, it's also awful) but by comparison, it's a winner.

I also struggle to sometimes do the most basic tasks in Launchpad, like attaching recordings for an issue I am raising. I constantly have to ask for the processor's email to I can email it to them. Some are happy to oblige, others not so much.

Thanks