Melbourne Blog Posts
Find the latest news, discover community events in Melbourne, share your expertise on SAP and non-SAP topics, and learn from others via blogs posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjcools
Active Contributor
For some time now I have wanted to organise a SAP Community running event - combining the great activities of catching up with SAP Community members and also going for a run. Over the last couple of years this has been difficult! BUT!!!!

With #GlobalRunningDay fast approaching I thought it an opportune time to GO FOR IT!

Global Running Day with SAP Community

With this in mind we will have our first inaugural SAP Community running event in Melbourne on the Global Running day - Wednesday 1st June 2022. I am so excited for this.

All SAP Community members are welcome and if you don't want to run - you can walk or cycle!

The plan is to meet in the morning and run around the tan which is a very well known running track. As per the below diagram we will meet at the Pillars of Wisdom. The track is around 3.8km.

Map of the tan

A more detailed map is here.

Event Information:

Date: Wednesday 1st June 2022

Time: 7:30am (AEST - Melbourne Time)

Activity: Run/Walk/Cycle around the tan

After: Coffee & Networking at one of the very many cafes prior to heading off for the working day

I have also set up a Melbourne Virtual Team as part of the Global Running Day. I pledged to run 5km on this day and you can join the team here -> Sapcommunitymelbournerunners — Global Running Day

My Pledge for the #GlobalRunningDay event

I really cannot wait for this event and really looking forward to seeing SAP Community members on the 1st June. I would also like to blog it forward to my good friends in other parts of the world to join - dj.adams.sap in the UK and stephaniedecamara.marley in the US. Would be awesome to have a #GlobalRunningDay relay baton throughout the world starting in Melbourne.

If you are in other parts of the world get involved!! There are multiple locations you can join and all of the running tracks are amazing!!

In Manchester, England - https://blogs.sap.com/2022/05/17/sap-community-global-running-day-in-manchester-wednesday-1st-june-2...

In Galway - Ireland - https://blogs.sap.com/2022/05/20/sap-community-global-running-day-in-galway-ireland-wednesday-1st-ju...

In Philadelphia - US - https://blogs.sap.com/2022/05/19/sap-community-global-running-day-in-philadelphia-wednesday-1st-june...

In Walldorf - Germany - https://blogs.sap.com/2022/05/18/sap-community-global-running-day-in-walldorf-wednesday-1st-june-202...

In Manheim - Germany - https://blogs.sap.com/2022/05/19/sap-community-global-running-day-in-mannheim-wednesday-1st-june-202...

Post some comments and let others know that you will participate and have signed up to our virtual running team for the 1st June!

See you then.

On The Day

On the day itself we would welcome everyone adding a comment with a photo and running times using hashtag #GlobalRunningDay.

Not long now and I cannot wait to see everyone in action. 

27 Comments
TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
Phil - I will pledge to walk at least 3.1 miles (5K) on June first all the way from Northern Virginia - other side of the world and other hemisphere away from beautiful Melbourne.

Good luck!
sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
I am in! 🙂

Great initiative phil.cooley

staceyfish
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Thank you, phil.cooley , for your inspiration !!!

I, , PLEDGE TO RUN  WITH  AS PART OF GLOBAL RUNNING DAY ON JUNE 1, 2022

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
Nice one phil.cooley !

I've pledged, mapped out a Manchester route to run on the same day, and published a blog post about it 👉  SAP Community Global Running Day in Manchester – Wednesday 1st June 2022
mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Awesome! Looking at your map I'm walking down memory lane of the time when I was running every Saturday morning with my cousin in the Botanical Garden in Melbourne. Part of that routine was to then go to a nice café, have yummy breakfast and then go to the markets.

I've also pledged, was for a moment torn between running in Walldorf or in Mannheim but will look forward to run with l_stodal and svea.becker!!
sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
That sound amazing, Mynyna!

Glad, that you are going to join Lena and me in Mannheim. I hope we'll have more attendees, too! It will definitely be fun!
tfxz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Great idea and initiative!
former_member34
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
I am in as well!

fabianl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thx phil.cooley I'm in as well

UxKjaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Some issues with tracking on the watch, but at least distance says 5km 😊 I need to do this more often 😮💨

pjcools
Active Contributor
Nice one uxkjaer - love the smiles!! Beautiful running track as well!
pjcools
Active Contributor

Really cold, rainy and windy weather in Melbourne but managed to still run with sapcommunity member machillanda on #GlobalRunningDay. Really enjoyed it. Thanks Marco!

Cold windy rainy morning in Melbourne; did my daily 5K run & strava art "SAP"

#GlobalRunningDay

alwanahimmat
Associate
Associate
very creative!
StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Adorable! What a happy baby!!
StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Greetings from the hot and humid Philadelphia, PA region: Start time: 730 AM US ET, Stop time: 8:30 US ET. Have a wonderful day everyone!!
former_member34
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Completed my walk after work! Start time: 5:00pm End time: 6:00pm EST. Took a nice stroll around the national mall 👍
staceyfish
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
stephaniedecamara.marley & I had a wonderful time together supporting Global Running Day.

Thank you, again, phil.cooley & stephaniedecamara.marley for creating an amazing SAP Community activity!!!

A special call out to l_stodal for supporting the activity & collaborating with SAP's Corporate Social Responsibility team with the YOU RUN - SAP PLANTS a TREE initiative.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

It was a good day indeed. Except for the 92 degree heat, 100% humidity, and blasting sun.

staceyfish
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
oh my heart rich.heilman ... you are an Iron Man & an inspiration to us all with your impressive Time, Distance, Pace and burned Calories digits that you achieved on phil.cooley's Global Running Day Community Activity.
sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
And I assume afterwards you directly jumped into the pool... lucky you 🙂

And well deserved!

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos
Absolute super pic uxkjaer !
I wished my kids would have laughed like that when I used to run with them ...
RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
Yes, yes I did, clothes and all. 🙂
TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Apple says I walked 5.5 miles on Wednesday - sorry for the picture delay:

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thanks for sharing - it still counts tammy.powlas3!
jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
We had a visitor in ours yesterday...

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos
WOW!