Newtown Square Discussions
Chat with SAP experts in the Newtown Square area! Comment on discussions or start your own to share your thoughts and connect with others close to Philly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSQ Stammtisch in May -- Where Would /You/ Like to Meet?

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our little group is only a few months old, but we've already managed to hold two Stammtisch (i.e., informal get-together) events so far.

The first one happened at the Pizzeria Uno across the street from SAP's Newtown Square (NSQ) campus.
GT1.jpeg

The second one was also close to SAP's NSQ campus -- right down the road at Firepoint Grill.

ChampionsStammtischApril2023.jpeg

While we can continue to host these get-togethers within the vicinity of SAP's Newtown Square campus (there are plenty of nice places in the area to meet!), we also want to draw even more people for May's Stammtisch -- so we're looking for a location convenient to the largest group possible.

Our regulars have been bouncing around ideas for the next event, and thus far, Phoenixville is a front-runner. That's fine by me because I love Phoenixville. It's only 15 miles from the NSQ campus, there is no shortage of great restaurants, and it's the home of the historic Colonial Theatre (where the Blob visits annually).

But...before we settle on a spot, we want to invite other suggestions.

Do you have a favorite haunt that you think would appeal to our NSQ group members? Share your recommendation in the comments! 

Let us know what you think, and if your comment gets the most likes, then we'll try to plan our next Stammtisch at your choice next month (May 2023).

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!
6 REPLIES 6

Kartik_Dua
Contributor

Suggestion: I love Exton-West Chester area too. Couple of good places - World of Beer, Appetites On Main.

But I am good with Phoenixville too 🙂 

GoLaSalle
Active Participant

Phoenixville is a natural hub (and selfishly close to me!) but WC works too.  🤣

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GoLaSalle and @Former Member:

World of Beer might not appeal to the non-drinkers who might want to attend, but I like the sounds of Appetites on Main. So I propose we go for that this month, and we try to find a spot in Phoenixville for June.

If that works for you both, are there any dates in May that you prefer? I'm thinking the week of May 21 to give us a few weeks to promote. 

How's that sound?

Thanks!

--Jerry

Kartik_Dua
Contributor

Week of May 21, works for me!

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

OK, nobody else has chimed in, so we're going for the week of May 21 at Appetites on Main.

I'll start a new thread and add the event shortly.

Thanks so much!

RichDBlumberg
Participant

A Tuesday or Thursday works well... Wednesday's I have guitar lessons!:-)