Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Plant Production

roachmartel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, 

Business Scenario: 

The company has 2 plants located in different geographical locations A and B. The same products are produced at both plants (both MTO and MTS scenarios are present), and dispatching is also done from both plants. However, the Sales orders are recorded at Plant A. MRP and Variant Configuration are to be used. 

Q: How do we manage and distribute the Production orders across these plants?  

Product: SAP S/4HANA CLOUD 2402

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in Advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arjuna_bandara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can suggest the below assuming that the decision to pass the requirement to plant B is based on the manufacturing capacity.

you can try cross plant MRP using Stock transfer from plant-to-plant option.

Please go through the below for stock transfer setup.

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_ON-PREMISE/fe39e10a9a864a8f8dc9537704f0fa13/0d98b6535fe6b74ce10...

You will have to maintain an extra production version for Same FG with additional SFG level at plant A, where this additional SFG level can be set as procured from plant B with a special procurement key. At plant B the FG will be represented by the same SFG code.

After the MRP, the planner can decide to select the appropriate version to direct the production to plant B. Or can use the Quota arrangement functionality for MTS scenario, if the proportionate of the production is known at both the plants.

roachmartel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arjuna,

Appreciate your prompt response. While your solution seems ideal, what concerns me is that if this will work with Variant configuration. 

Given that the BOM and Routing is created based on the variant I'm not sure if this is feasible.

arjuna_bandara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry ,didn’t notice the variant configuration part, in that case not sure how to handle the situation with production versions. Will research more and get back if I come across anything.

If it is practical, you can try the below workarounds to handle the situation from the sales orders?

1.You can use the plant characteristics in parent’s class and determine components based on the plant selection.(at sales order or at PIR for MTS)

Include SFG in plant A (proc type F, with special procurement) super BOM, which is to be procured from plant B can be set to be selected based on the plant characteristic value. You can also specify to copy parents’ other characteristics value to this component (assign the parents class to it). Then use a super BOM for the same SFG at plant B (Proc type E), with same configuration class assigned.

2. Check if the delivery plant can be changed at the sales order, you will have to deliver(PGI) from both the plants.