Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change the resource status to immediate SFC hold

basik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can you tell me how to set up an automatic immediate hold on active SFC when

change the resource status to unscheduled downtime?

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks for your help

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi!

If it is a forced update of the resource status to UNSCH Down, I guess the system should not let operators execute any action on SFCs with that resource. Though, the forced update cannot be triggered from GUI (which implements a pending update), but only via PAPI.

Regards,

Sergiy

basik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey.

SFC that is already running on this resource (status Active) I can complete or return it back to the queue. I cannot start new SFCs - that is correct. I need to put an SFC with Active status on hold so that the operator cannot complete it.

0 Kudos

I guess what you describe is a behavior of Pending Status Update that's when you have active SFCs at the resource and execute the Change Equipment Status in POD. Then you will be able to complete the already active SFCs but not being allowed to start new SFCs from the queue.

However, if you go to Resource Maintenance and change Status directly (whereas Pending Status remains empty), then on completing an active SFC you will get the error message "Resource %RESOURCE_ID% is not ready (Message 13033)". So, in this case, there is no need to put SFCs on hold.