cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auto determine SPC Chart for PP Routing with Inspection Operation (MEINT from S4 to ME)?

DanielP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ME community,

We are running SAP ME 15.4 SP28 integrated with SAP S4 using Idoc LOIPRO via MEINT. Our PP Routings in S4 are defined with Inspection Operations containing Master Inspection Characteristics.

These MIC use Sample Procedure as Fixed=3 and are defined with SPC Chart.

The MIC is defined with a SPC Criterion that allows combination of result values at 060-Master Inspection Characteristic level.

The SPC Criteria uses standard Function Module QRKS_MASTER_CHARACTERISTIC.

Question:

1) How to determine automatically the expected SPC Chart to be used in the automatically generated DC Group for Shop Order (created after MEINT)?

2) How to combine results in the same SPC Chart for the same SFC Parameter (ie Inspection Characteristic) the same way as S4 allows via SPC Criterion?

Looking forward to hear your thoughts. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards from DK, Daniel

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi!

SAPMEINT design does not cover integration of SPC chart for QM-originated DC Group parameter. So, it is not available out of the box.

Also ERPProductionOrderService does not seem to have any tag which can be used to pass a name of SPC Chart. So, you are unlike to be able to customize the standard WS call from SAPMEINT XSLT.

You can try to update the newly created DC Groups by means of SAPME PAPI after the order gets imported into SAPME. Though, it might fail once the group is ERP-originated. But not sure, so it's worth testing.

As concerns SPC functionality in SAPME, please check the guides:

https://help.sap.com/doc/4c382fbd1ebb44e5850cb1d48cd14d64/15.5/en-US/sap_me_spc_using_mii_how_to_gui...

https://help.sap.com/doc/387c9418296b4249a56170c53b059541/15.5/en-US/sap_me_spc_using_statit_how_to_...

Regards,Sergiy
DanielP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Thank you so much for your guidance, much appreciated.

Question 1 ) not so good news, indeed we read a great deal of available material online on this topic plus OSS Notes hence it is good to confirm our initial thoughts here.

Question 2) any suggestion how to address our need (similar to SPC Criterion) to combining Parameters readings/results across multiple/separate DC Groups created for separate QM Inspection Operations?

Best Regards from DK, Daniel

0 Kudos

Not sure how it works on EPR side, but in ME the system filters parametric data by the DC Group and DC Parameter (these are mandatory fields in SPC Display activity for example). So, GUI does not expect that you will be mixing parametric data of the same Parameter but from different DC Groups. That implies a parameter of name "ABC" in DC Group 1 is different from a parameter of the same name in DC Group 2.

But if you assign the same DC Group to different attachment points (let's say different operations on a routing), then it is possible to build a chart for data mixed from both operations. However, QM Insp Lots are created unique for each routing step in SAP ME - so their DC Groups will be different.

Possibly there could be a loophole in PAPI if it did not require DC Group ID as a mandatory input variable. If it were so, then you could potentially input just a site and Parameter name, and maybe timeframe, to get a chart for mixed values collected across different DC Groups but for the same DC Parameter. Though, I have not tested this.