cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP Project System PS part of the EPPM

Hi All,

I need your assistance as I need to confirm if the SAP Project System PS is part of the EPPM SAP Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management or it is a separate module.

Now as per my understanding the EPPM contains the below Modules:

1. Portfolio Management.

2. Project Management

3. Commercial Projects Management.

4. Project System PS

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

View Entire Topic
ennoury
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

SAP Portfolio and Project Management (SAP PPM) is the module used to plan, prioritise and analyse investment initiatives. The initiatives become projects upon their approval. Projects are created in SAP ECC or S4 HANA within the SAP Project System (SAP PS) module to control execution of these initiatives. The Portfolio Management solution integrates information from existing project management, human resources and financial systems to provide an overview of the project portfolio with easy drill-down to details for portfolio managers, project managers, and resource managers. This enables innovative and collaborative, cross-functional business processes. One of the important functions of SAP PS is to manage all stages of project delivery from planning to execution and closure. When projects in SAP PS are linked to Portfolio items in PPM it creates an integrated platform to manage Portfolio and Projects within the SAP system.

Cheers,

Ennoury