Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMC POD Designer for production

thimosap12
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

Im new to the SAP DMC. I want to implement the DMC for production execution. What is your POD suggestion for time tracking (Start/Stop Order), production confirmations (partial conformation / material consumptions) and defect recording (trigger rework order)

I see some of this functionallities in the work center POD and some in the order POD. Do I have the possibility to have all this functions in one POD, so the user did not need to change PODs?

Maybe someone have some best practise for me to share?

Best regsrds

View Entire Topic

Hello Thimo,

I would suggest you start with this good introduction post by my colleague Manoel:

Get Started and Learn SAP Digital Manufacturing | SAP Blogs

To get to your specific question, yes it is possible to cover all those requirements in both POD types, but the decision depends on your actual type of production process and desired level of tracking.

• Order POD consumption and confirmation works quantity-based: "I finished 5 Liters of soup."
  • Workcenter or Operation POD work based on SFC objects to track partial order quantities as traceable unit (e.g. serial numbers). This might be a complex but very powerful way of controlling production.

Again, to get an idea what is the best fit for your scenario, please take a look into the resources linked above.

I hope this helps you taking the next steps.

Best regards, Michael

thimosap12
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the Introduction Link.

I want to have the option to track Start/Stop of PSNs / Partial confirmations with component consumptions and defect record, in 1 singlee POD. Right now I just see the option, that the production emplyee change work center and order POD, because the PSN needs to be started.

best regards,

Thimo

0 Kudos

Hi Thimo,

you can do all that in the preconfigured Default Workcenter POD and also Default Operation Activity POD:

1. Define/select your context: Workcenter, Resource, Operation (on WC POD after step 2)
  2. Select SFC (German PSN) from the Worklist.
  3. Press the Action Button with the Start Plugin assigned --> SFC is started with the given context.
  4. Switch to the Assembly Plugin to assemble/consume components (if any are assigned to the current operation).
  5. Switch to Non conformance plugin to record defects.
  6. Press the Action Button with the Complete Plugin assigned --> SFC is completed (with the assigned SFC quantity)

For partial confirmations, you can decide to allow partial start/complete by activating the Quantity input field in the POD Selection Plugin, or work with the SFC Split Plugin to split off the relevant partial quantity.

Best regards, Michael

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thimo,

See Handling SFCs with Lot Size 1 in SAP Digital Manufacturing for partial confirmations using SFC Quantity and Lot Size > 1 in Work Center POD.

Br,

Manoel