Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML transformation - GLM alternative solutions

roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor

Hi guys,

question is simple.

I've already created a solution using office documents and ObjectOrientation LifeStyle....but I would like the smartest solution...

Do you think it is possible to create a label like this one below, from an XML file ?

I mean using only an XSLT transformation calling. I read about creating XSLT from XML with a software support like Dreamweaver or something else like that one, but I would like the easiest solution to be mantained in the years and to be integrated with SAP.

A solution using SAP HANA XS features would be ok as well 🙂 perhaps an HTML page, running on the web server compiled dynamically. Anyone with experiences?

I recently implemented something with XS but only to query data on SAP, throughout XS web server, viewing from an internet browser.

A label is something different.

Thanks for your attention.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Jelena asked, which format do you expect?

View Entire Topic
roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor

Dear,

thanks all.

I think jelena.perfiljeva and sandra.rossi gave me the best answer because the ADS solution seems to be very powerful for this kind of solution. I mean, as you can see the output label, we're not talking about a simple report-list output, with a table and some data. There are full dynamics features including GIF images with transparency, text with auto-size, database connection data , render time, page size, hiding components conditionally, etc..

With Adobe Forms I can use javascript features and ABAP for industry 4.0 features .

That means a lot if we talk about environment reliability. My only limit was that Intermec Printers, that it's quite like trying to tame a T-rex. There's no driver in SAP working well with those printers. If it works , it takes much more time than direct print from a local application with the local configured intermec, and I'm not going to tell you about problems managing images transparency.

So I choose to print using adobe reader and local windows driver configuration. Other problem: there's no way to launch adobe reader DC from a local workstation in a remote server. My goal was to launch adobe reader DC exe centrally in a server, without opening in the local workstation, with the printer's driver configured in local on server-side, but it's not possible.

Adobe DC runs in background process and doesn't seem to be controlled. Then I struggled against creating an auto-pdf printing on the document ready phase, without saving file on the workstation (we don't like saving files). I had to use javascript and it seems to work-well.

Now the situation for printing out pdf is so complicated because of the Trexintermec, but normally, with a PDF compatible print there shouldn't be any problems to use SAP print spool managing system.

With Adobe Forms I solved the auto-size text problem, setting 0 to font-size. But it's not all, because to see this feature you need to put an X for the DYNAMIC parameter of the AdobeForms input structure sfpdocparams (even if it's not an interactive form). It's still not all. You need to set an X for the Preview data and get_pdf mode active on.

With these settings you finally obtain a pdf content printable, but only using Adobe reader, because auto-text size won't work if you open this PDF with others readers or if you print it directly without passing from adobe reader. Every technology has its limitation but I think that XML solution without any others free license productive software, is not available.

That's the output application:

I'd like to receive others experiences.

Thanks for your time!