Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DM - Qualification Management and Certification Management

DaMa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to setup the qualification and certification management in SAP DM. It is a scenario without Sucessfactor Integration.

I am orientating on the Best run bike scenario on SAP Demo Content Discovery and I try to replicate it on my System.

On my system I have the problem, that a certification assigned to a User does not trigger the expected filter in schedule labor app. I can filter the people by certifactes but when I try to assigne the people to a work center it says no workcenter is available for the filter criteria. (See attachement  "schedule labor). The certificates are assigned to the relevant ressources in the Manage Certifications App. 

I checked the Best run bike scenario to find out what is wrong. The only difference I can see ist, that in the skill matrix some certifications are define as "Qualification" and some as "Certification". (See attachement "skill matrix"). But I cannot find how to differenciate between both or how I can generate a qualification instead of a certification. Not sure if this is the relevant difference.

Of course all names are only Demo data. No sensible data in the screenshots.

All kind of support is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @DaMa,

Certifications and Qualifications are defined by 'Duration Type', where Certifications are 'Temporary' and Qualifications 'Permanent'.

In order to show up in 'Assign Work Center' menu at Schedule Labor app, the Work Center must be assigned to (your) supervisor user in Manage User Assignments app.

Hope it helps,
Manoel

DaMa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @ManoelCosta . Thanks for clerification regarding Certification vs. Qualification! Seems this was not the relevant point for my issue. But I am not there yet. The work center is assigned to my Supervisor user and the certifcates are assigned to the relevant ressources. (See attachement "Assignements"). But nonetheless I cannot assigne people to work centers. I can assigne them wehn I don't filter the people by certifciates. Only when I filter the people it sais no data for this filter criteria. (See attachement "assigne work center")

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi! This seems a bug, I suggest you raise a ticket for further investigation.

Answers (0)