cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASKING FOR OPINION

former_member342867
Participant
0 Kudos

One of my questions was rejected due to "be a FAQ" but I completely disagree, how could I send a message to the moderator to discuss it?

The moderator indicated "This is FAQ, all SD user exits are documented"...

The fact is that we are about to solve the issue implementing a standard-user-exit and creating two enhancements in spots we found debbuging... I wanted to document it in the question but is closed.

The problem that I find is that ... If I cannot discuss the closing with the moderator and the question is closed without further explanation and anytime, ... is it worthwhile to spend time on keeping a thread updated?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor

Hello David,

I hope you did through research before putting up a question in the community. In process of doing that, hope you might come across the following post:

- SAP Community Wiki - SD User exits

- SAP Help - User Exits in Sales

- SAP Help - User Exits For Contract Processing

If you were looking for technical help. Then was there a reason for not tagging ABAP, to get the necessary attention?

Moreover, it was report alert for Moderator to take action, as being FAQ. And I find this justified. Therefore, necessary action was taken.

Thanks,
JP

CC:
@lakshmipathi.ganesan
@jelena.perfiljeva

former_member342867
Participant

Hello Jyoti,

First at all thanks for your kind explanations and for attending this thread - I tried to contact you directly but as I didn't find out how to do it properly I did it indirectly.

The fact is that to solve completely that customer request at first we thought it would be enough to use a user-exit BUT it turned out that it wasn't enough - at the end we needed to add two enhancements - with the exit we achieve to change the field status but the description was re-calculated again by the standard. I wanted to "reply" to myself on the thread I opened to contribute to the community if ever someone finds the same request... As I am a new user in the community and not sure if that would be also FAQ or not... but I think that to find the final solution was more difficult than just the use or a standard user-exit.

Just wanted to explain that to understand better your consideration and also for my better understanding about what to ask or what not on the community.

Thank for your understanding and your help!

Answers (0)