cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improper Avatar and Questionable search results

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did a simple onedx.find.sap.com search for 'fiori' and of the approximately 2.7k results it found in 0.40 seconds is quite impressive, however I am questioning how 'Relevant' the results are when the first entry is a Japanese language blog.  My colleague is very famous in the SAP Fiori topic, but I don't understand how the relevance sort order determined that this entry should be the first one in the list, especially when the DOC has nearly 500,000 views, 1130 bookmarks, and 542 likes, 137 ratings, not to mention the 423 comments of activity.

Is it perhaps because it is buried in the archive.sap.com site?  Using the scant options for further filtering still doesn't make this DOC appear in the most relevant list, even when choosing SOURCE: SAP Archive and TYPE: Documents

Doing a Google search for 'SAP Fiori', the SCN document 41598 is 3rd in the list, but I'm speculating that the top 2 results are promoted links in one way or another.

I know that I'm reporting another issue within this text but it is related to search results being relevant or accurate.  It was a little disturbing to see my new SCN avatar (uploaded in the people profile) associated with more than 50% of the search results.  I am not the author of most of the content, and possibly didn't even engage in the discussion threads where my picture appears, so why is it using my avatar in the search results?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the feedback.  The quality of the search results remains a pain point and is being worked on.  We know what should appear at the top for basic queries: a community topic homepage should appear at the top of results when a product name is searched for, for example. Interesting observation about the language of the results...noted. 

At the same time, most queries contain two or more terms so please give that a try (e.g. "fiori tutorial")

Yes, there's a bug with the avatars...I was just about to get more info for it on this thread:

Thanks for the heads up

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding a cross reference: 

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Jeremy. Let's call to comment on how status affects prioritization in the search results.

It looks like other's have also experienced the search issue: and team is working on fixing. You can check for updates here: