cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary tags for Solman in SCN Beta for blogs, Q&A not accurate- missing granularity

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to report that for SAP Solution Manager product the primary tags are not totally accurate.

Also I miss in the additional tag more granularity for selecting correct scenarios in Solman, it looks like there are not any available additional tag for this SW product.

1. SCN Beta -Blogs

If you go to create a Blog for SAP Solution Manager, enter solution manager in the primary tag you will get this list of options:

For me the correct primary tags would be:

- SAP Solution Manager

- Process Scheduling Adapter for SAP Solution manager

- SAP Solution Manager Adapter for SAP Quality Center by HP

The other 3 options has not too much sense as primary tags. For example the Enterprise Edition was out of maintenance since 2014.

As additional tags I cannot get any result returned the SAP Solution Manager scenarios like:

• Setup and Configuration
  • Security and Authorizations
  • Solution Implementation
  • Solution Documentation
  • Test Management
  • SAP Engagement and Service Delivery
  • Application Operations
  • Business Process Operations
  • IT Service Management
  • Change Control Management
  • Project&IT Requirement Management
  • Customer Code Management

Part of these scenarios were included in the categories in “old” platform when you go to create a blog for SAP Solution Manager:

2. Q&A

When I go to create a question I can see the same behaviour for the Primary tag, even I get a quite different result showing 7 option as primary tags instead of 6 in the Blog creation: this one is not available for Blogs “SAP Solution Manager Dashboards for IOS”

Also no results relevant for Solman in the Additional tag area.

Current categories when user open a discussion:

I would recommend to have the same primary and additional tags for Q&A and Blogs in the new SCN platform.

Thanks in advance,

Dolores

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brianbernard
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

The 1DX metadata schema is something that will continuously evolve and improve, so this is valuable input. The issue of granularity is something that is being looked into comprehensively - there's essentially a task force assigned to this.

Also looping in regarding the comment about the out of maintenance product.

As for #2, blogs vs. Q&A, both systems consume the same metadata. At least, in theory. The managed tags should be the same, whether you are in the primary tag field, or "additional" tag field, in blogs and in Q&A. This is quite strange! I'll pass it on. (cc Former Member, ).

One more comment about categories: That is a feature of the current platform, so it will be going away.

Regards,

Brian

Solution Manager on Blog

Solution Manager on Q&A

yaniv
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

hi all,

I just checked and the tags are not in sync between all systems at the moment but this should be solved hopefully by the end of the week.

Yaniv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189541
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

Thanks for your input!
Based on this I will discuss with SAP Solution Manager Solution Management which other tags (e.g. Focused Solutions) we must have.

Best regards,

Barbara