cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every SAP Note/KBA I try to open says it is currently being updated

Hello!

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

For the last couple of days I get "The SAP Note/KBA you were trying to reach is currently being updated." message for every note I try to display with my personal S-ID. Additionally on the top of the support launchpad screen this message is displayed: "Maintenance Terminated. Entitled Only to License/Warranty Support Applications"

My personal S-ID is the "external customer" type (independent consultant). I have had it for years and it always worked for simple things like displaying notes.

Is this a bug in the support launchpad?

Regards

Tim

View Entire Topic

Hi all,

just in case anyone else is having the same problem in the future:

I contacted CIC who referred me contract management. They sent me OSS note 2622714. According to this note it is by design that independent users cannot use the support Portal.

"SAP used to issue S-User IDs for certified consultants in the past, but since the release of the SAP Training Portal <http://training.sap.com/>, which is dedicated to Consultants and education purposes, access to SAP Support Portal and support related content is restricted. All S-User IDs issued in the past for independent SAP Certified Consultants are gradually being deactivated."

Resolution according to this note is basically "ask your customer for an S-User".

"If an SAP Certified Consultant is working to an SAP Customer or SAP Partner with active support contract, they can request a valid S-User ID under their customer number. For that, please contact the super-administrators at the company to request an S-User ID."

Regards,

Tim

ziolkowskib
Active Contributor

Thank you - I was wondering what is going on for few past days and you really helped me out.
Big "thanks" to another great "improvement" made by SAP - keep up the "good" work guys.

Regards,
Bartosz