cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of "SAP ERP" tag?

Jelena
Active Contributor

What exactly is the purpose of "SAP ERP" tag? It seems too generic and, naturally, the questions posted under it are all over the place: https://answers.sap.com/tags/01200615320800000659

Unless OP adds a secondary tag, no one seems to be answering those questions (for obvious reasons), so why does this tag exist?

View Entire Topic
brianbernard
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

The product tags you see in community come from another source - where the product taxonomy is managed - so we take them in pretty much wholesale.

However, knowing that more granularity is required in the community, we developed a set of product function tags. There are many such tags related to ERP, such as SD, MM, HCM, FIN, etc.

Evidently the problem is that people are not using these more specific tags.

former_member186338
Active Contributor

"Evidently the problem is that people are not using these more specific tags" - to my mind, the problem is that people are able to use this tag as primary tag 🙂

Jelena
Active Contributor

Sorry but that doesn't answer the question. Yes, there are tags for ERP modules (we had module-specific forums since SDN times and it makes sense). But why is there a generic SAP ERP tag? What purpose does it serve? I can't imagine what kind of question would have to fall into such a broad category. As pointed out, it appears that none of the questions in this tag belong there and they all can be posted under more specific tags.

I agree with vadim.kalinin that the real problem here is that the tag exists. Let's not blame the user.

Another problem I guess is that "taxonomy people" dictate how the SCN Q&A needs to be structured while they have no clue about SCN and never participate in Q&A themselves. Perhaps show them the "question graveyard" in this tag and ask what value is SAP gaining from it?

Thank you.