Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_DEVELOP and S_RFC Auth Objects

Vincent801
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear BW Experts,

We are currently migrating the Old BW flows using In-place migration. For performing this, We got one SAP note 2383530 from SAP which has all authorization objects and other details. In the SAP Note, the Authorization Object S_DEVELOP and S_RFC is specified. I just want to know, what are the tasks that will support, while adding the authorization objects S_DEVELOP and S_RFC to the User. I have an idea that, S_DEVELOP auth object is specific to ABAP. But want to know specific tasks related to ABAP.

I also want to know about the Auth object S_RFC. Could you please let me know what are tasks that will allow specific to Auth Object S_RFC.

Link for SAP Note :

Thanks.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks for adding the hyperlink to the note. S_RFC and S_DEVELOP are documented in the SAP Library, I don't think it's worth repeating here. To all: the list of authorizations is in the attached document "Authorization_Objects_List_Conversion_2383530.xls".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_szajko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

If you would like to know what those objects control, you can look up their documentation within your system for example via SUIM.

The definition of S_DEVELOP says:

General authorization object for objects in the ABAP Workbench.

Using this object, you can assign access authorizations for all workbench components.

• ABAP Development Tools
  • ABAP Debugger and Trace Tools (for example, SE30, SAT)
  • ABAP Dump Analysis ( for example, ST22)
  • ABAP Dictionary and Data Modeler
  • Screen Painter and Menu Painter
  • Function Library
  • Object Navigator and Info System
  • SAP Smart Forms
  • Form Builder
  • Enhancements
  • Switch Framework

Definition of S_RFC says:
Authorization check for RFC access to program modules (for example, a function group or function modules) on the basis of a whitelist.

br

Roland