Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tour the SAP Community

seanlavelle
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently took the Tour the SAP Community tutorial on April 9th, 2020 within the SAP Developer Community and noted two issues upon completing it.

1. I was not provided with the “Tour the SAP Community” badge (I logged out and back in and still no luck)
  2. Although I am now listed as a Contributor, I am not able to Write a Blog and am instead presented with this message: "You have not achieved the blogging permission level required to perform this action."

Can someone assist with the issues above?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Sean:

1) The badge is awarded manually. Give it about a week and you'll receive it.

2) Please take another look at step 11. Make sure you completed all of the actions listed in step 4. If you have, try logging out, clearing cache, and logging back in. If that still doesn't work, send an email to community@sap.com.

Kind regards,

--Jerry

seanlavelle
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks jerry.janda!

Regarding point #2, I made sure that I completed all of the actions listed in step 4 as well as cleared my cahched images and files in Chrome. I also checked my inbox and noticed that I received an email on April 9, 2020 titled "Blogger Level Upgraded" that read:

Congratulations! Your blogging level was upgraded from blog subscriber to blog contributor.

Please Note: At this level you can write and manage your own blog posts, but cannot publish them independently without the the help of a Moderator.

Lastly, as an FYI, I originally reached out to sapnetwork@sap.com and they directed me here, to post a question in the Community. Is the email you are suggesting (community@sap.com) for a different support team?

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi, slavel01:

If you got a message confirming that you're a contributor, then logging out, clearing cache, and logging back in (not just clearing cache) generally does the trick. But if that hasn't helped, I'd recommend sending a message to community@sap.com. That actually goes to my (SAP Community) team (not the same as sapnetwork@sap.com), and by receiving the email, it helps us track all of the additional steps we need to take to try to assist you.

In the message, please include a link for this thread and explain you took all of the necessary actions (completed step 4, got confirmation for contributor status, logged out/cleared cache/logged in).

Kind regards,

--Jerry

MirkoFriedrich
Community Administrator
Community Administrator

slavel01 contacted you via email

seanlavelle
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thank you jerry.janda and mirko.friedrich for all of your support. It seems to be working now!

Answers (0)