Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changed the tag for you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

New users do not have authorization to create comments.

From what I know, after a few days new users get this authorization automatically and after that you will see the comment option.

Until then, if you wish to notify a member that you have responded to their answer or comment - use @mention.

JL23
Active Contributor

From my point of view a total design failure, even it's intention is probably spam protection.

Why shall we as moderators ask members to follow the answers/comment concept and then the platform is not even ready to allow the user to follow it?

As you can see from the screenshot had Matthew Billingham asked the user to use comments. lakshmipathi.ganesan tries as well hard with such advice. But such advice is rubbish and confusing if the options are not present.

Lets loop in the advocates of this misconception sajid.amir4 moshe.naveh2

Florian
Active Contributor

Have to agree. Wasn't aware that there is a limitation in the beginning...

matt
Active Contributor

I had no idea this was the case. Bad design indeed. I'm very sorry Derek!

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

All users at all times can create comments/answers/replies. The question is if they go under moderation and there is no difference between comments/answers so this is not a matter of the spam filter. matthew.billingham did you convert Derek's answer to a comment?

Seems to me like a bug. As today is my last day before a week's vacation, I will ping my colleague mynyna.chau to follow-up.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

This doesn't seem to be related to the spam filter issue as all users can post all types of content (the question is what goes under moderation). I need to validate regarding restrictions to adding new comments to a question. However, Matt said that Derek posted another answer and Derek said he didn't have a way to reply to an existing answer.

bluehorse Was this already resolved? If not, can you please send us an Email to scnmoderators@sap.com so we can look into this.

Regards,

Moshe

JL23
Active Contributor

Hi Moshe, is it really necessary to report it again by email.

The evidence is very clear from the screenshot, his screenshot shows that there are no reply and comment options while this is available for others

here the comparison, on the left his screenshot, on the right my screen, he has no reply and no comment button, I do.

A reasonably intelligent programmer should be able to find the issue by reading the code.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, no need. I will follow-up and check what happened as we were able to replicate this in QA.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

Adding to what jrgen.lins said: the same problem has been reported before by jelena.perfiljeva2: https://answers.sap.com/questions/232760/no-soup-err-comments-for-you.html.

I am surprised that this behavior comes as a surprise when this has been the case for a really long time and I have experienced the same thing in the QA system. Did no one from the implementation team test at least once with a brand new user?

I suspect that you don't even need a developer to investigate the problem - AH has a well documented permissions guide, a first step would be to look into the settings.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

veselina.peykova . Correct, and we were able to replicate this on QA already.

We need to distinguish between three scenarios here:

A. Content that goes on pre-moderation

B. Ability to add comments to a question (as far as I remember we requested that this will be possible for all users and that they will go under moderation)

C. Ability to add replies to an answer

Derek's complaint is about scenario C and I will check with IT what happened.

I will confirm/ask from IT that users will be able to post comments to a question and that those go under the regular moderation process.

As I'm going on a week's vacation, my colleague mynyna.chau might need to follow-up on this.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

I confirmed that this is a bug and we will create a bug ticket to resolve this.

CC mynyna.chau

0 Kudos

Reply is ready for me , so comment too

Thank your very much

0 Kudos

My issues is solved.

Thanks for all your help

I am going to close this issue.

But obviously this is not a authorization issue for new users.

What answer should I take in this post?