cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to build the MTA Project from mta.yaml file, I am getting the below error

vikas75saxena
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, While trying to build the MTA Project from mta.yaml file, I am getting the below error. any idea on how to resolve this?

npm ERR! cipm can only install packages with an existing package-lock.json or npm-shrinkwrap.json with lockfileVersion >= 1. Run an install with npm@5 or later to generate it, then try again.

vikas75saxena
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
I have tried deleting the package-lock.json file and running npm install, but that didn't help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jannes_schofeld
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @vikas75saxena

did you successfully execute the previous steps in the exercise (manually deploying using cf push)?

Also, did you use the solution GitHub repository when starting to build your application as suggested in the Learning Journey?

If not, you could try to select the corresponding solution branch to your current exercise there

Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 08.09.00.png

and then replace the  package.json and package-lock.json files in your project with the respective files from the GitHub repository and then retry the build and deployment steps.

If that doesn't work, it is hard to tell from the distance what the issue might be. Easiest solution would be to use the solution/5_deploy_manually branch from the GitHub and go on from there. If you used the GitHub repository from the start, you could just run command 

git checkout solution/5_deploy_manually

within the terminal in your project and then go on from there.

Best regards,

Jannes

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @vikas75saxena

Did the suggestion shared by @jannes_schofeld solve the issue you reported?

If this question is answered from your perspective, I also would like to ask you to use function “Accept as Solution" to complete this case.

Kind regards

Margit