SAP Builders Blog Posts
Learn from peers about their low-code journey and write your own blog posts to share your thoughts and experiences as you become an SAP Builder.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeBinkley
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Here's a guide for learning about SAP Build and becoming an SAP Builder.

The first stop in learning about SAP Build is a visit to our product pages on the main www.sap.com web site. There, you will find a description of the main features of the products, short "What is X?" videos, product briefs, and what we call "click-through" demonstrations. You'll also find descriptions of how the product has been used by others. Those pages are:

If you don't already have one, signup for a free SAP BTP account through the SAP Store.  The learning assets below will help you with the detaisl for enabling SAP Build.

Next, visit the The SAP Learning Center (learning.sap.com) where you'll find a learning journey for business experts. You'll also find lessons and tutorials for each of the SAP Build applications. You can even earn official recognition as a citizen developer by completing certification exam for "SAP Certified Citizen Developer Associate - Low-code/No-code Applications and Automations”.

For professional developers, we have several tutorials at our developer home (developers.sap.com). Start at the tutorial navigator.

A word on products names used in the our tutorials and other learning assets. I’m writing this a day before the announcement of SAP Build and the SAP Builders program. While we are rapidly developing and updating content, many of our content creators are really just beginning to use the full unified SAP Build product. It will take some time to get every tutorial or video update.  For now, don’t be surprised to find discussions of AppGyver or LaunchPad. That content is still useful.

9 Comments
AlexanderFelke
Explorer

Obviously I'm new to this, already I know, I couldn't have found a better place to start. Great stuff.

PedroBessa
Discoverer

It looks like in order to subscribe to Build Apps we need to create an IAS tenant, but I can't find the free version for the Cloud Identity Services, Is it free to subscribe to default plan for the Cloud Identity Services?

TMNielsen
Contributor

SAP Build seems to be one of the most interesting new things for a long time and I would like to try it out.

For this the free-tier option seems to be a good option - if I can make it work. I have subscribed to a free-tier pay-as-you-go BTP account on AWS Frankfurt: have also rune some tutorials to get Cloud Foundry Environment and 2 services (ABAP environment and SAP HANA Cloud), but I have not yet tried to utilize these services.

Now I would like to try "Build" and I found some boosters. If I try to run the booster "Get started with SAP Build Apps", I get an error message "There is no custom Platform Identity Provider (IdP) available in your global account or no custom Application IdP active in the selected subaccount."

I guess this is related to the issues mentioned by @PedroBessa about IAS. 

Now, I could hack on and try to fix these problems, but before I spend a lot of time making this work - just for testing and learning - I need to believe that Build is really something I will be using in the future. 

So please convince me. Are SAP Build tools the tools SAP customers must have in future?

Kind regards Thomas 

Betodealcala1
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is not easy to register a service in SAP.
After spending hours on this, I managed to open the SAP Build App, but it won't let me create any project.
Somebody could help me?
Thank you

JoeBinkley
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I’m sorry that many of you have been unable to successfully subscribe to SAP Build Apps.  The team is aware of the issue and drafting an updated step by step guide that should make this much easier. We are working on making it available to you soon. Please stay tuned.

Saikumarb
Explorer
0 Kudos

@JoeBinkley really appreciate for the content you have posted. 

Looking for insides on SAP Build. 

Regards,

Sai 

AlexanderFelke
Explorer

@TMNielsen  a week after TechEd, our implementation partner asked ,if we're ready for SAP Build, because what they couldn't get done on Cloud Foundry, They'd be able to get done on SAP Build. So Yes, it's the **bleep**  if you ask me.

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @JoeBinkley 

What is status on the step by step guide for subscription to SAP Build?

Regards

Thomas Madsen Nielsen

JoeBinkley
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I'm happy to report that I've just completed a much improved subscription and installation process for SAP Build Apps by following instructions in the blog SAP Build Apps Free Tier Individual Access.

These instructions were originally posted on Nov. 25 but significantly updated yesterday, Dec 13, to reflect improvements in the "Booster" used to enable SAP Build Apps.