SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Journey Preparation: Low-Code / No-Code for Business Citizen Developers

RichDBlumberg
Participant

Hi! I'm a business Citizen Developer taking the Learning Journey, Low-Code/No-Code Applications and Automations for Citizen Developers

Question: How to you go through this training on your way to certification? 

For me I do the following:

• Read and review all the text, videos and diagrams multiple times 
  • Build the apps (e.g., SAP Build Process Automation, SAP Build Apps (formerly AppGyver) and make sure I understand how they work
  • Go through the quizes - make sure I understand them and any related information 
  • Found this Prepare for Certification landing page

What are your techniques which enable mastery and prepare you for the certification? I find you have to be very thorough to be ready? In going through the learning journey, questions can come from areas that seem less important such as...

• From a dropdown list that may not catch your eye, but should be reviewed...
  • Every component of the building of the apps should be understood and reviewed...
  • And also, words used in the quiz/test maybe different (e.g, For Work Zone they may talk about "access" and then ask a quiz question around "roles &  authorization handling" so you have to be ready for slight changes in wording on the questions).

Thanks for your comments! What are your experiences with LCNC Learning Journey or SAP Certification preparation in general. What works? What doesn't? 

Appreciate your insights and opening up a discussion which will help us business Citizen Developers!:-)

6 REPLIES 6

EsmeeX
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

As one of the course instructors of that LJ, I'm curious about feedback, especially on the Build Apps units 😀

Overall it's a very good course. I've gone through the whole thing (had to skip the last part of the Process Automation which I'm circling back on). As a business Citizen Developer this LJ takes a good amount of focus and effort. The biggest suggestion I would provide is that when the software changes that it should be referenced in the text/print screens (I realize it takes more time to update the videos). I would be interested to see short, friendly supplementary guides that reinforce the building of the Process Automation and Apps shared in the videos (could be an FAQ to make it easier to replicate what is built). 

The trainers do a nice job...but at times go very quickly when they click, so I find myself going over 10 or 20 second parts of the videos multiple times to see what happened in a flash.  A professional coder might get through it... us business practioners need a bit more support. Also, if there are questions....can they be asked in this private group? Where's the best spot?

Here's a blog I wrote on my overall positive experience: Business Teams Can Create Their Own Apps (with Occasional Help!). Interested in others insights and experiences!:-)

Thanks for your feedback on the LJ -- I didn't significantly participate in that one, but did in the shorter introductory Compose and Automate With SAP Build the No-Code Way.

Yes, please open questions in this group about anything

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn

Thx! Very cool! I'll definitely check out that LJ further! I remember the blog on the app for earthquakes! Some very good posts I'll review further! 

Hello Thanks for the details. I am planning to take low code no code certification so going through the learning videos, suggest me few point to successfully complete this journey.

Hi! Good luck with it. Sounds like your checking out the videos under "Your learning status" intro at the bottom of the UI area.  In the Learning Journey itself... I expect that any of the text on the landing areas and comments in the learning videos are in play. Of course the quizes are helpful indicators, but the certification will cover many more points. 

FYI: I'm working on a few SAP Build Apps proof of concepts...I'm going that direction vs. certification for now...  I'll see how it goes with with you and others before taking the certification path! I already know Work Zone very well... And got through the Process Automation examples...

Happy to see other comments on experiences with certification and best practices in preparing for them!:-)