SAP CodeJam Discussions
Visit the SAP CodeJam group to connect and collaborate with other CodeJam attendees, instructors, and experts. Join ongoing discussions and start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host from your own company?

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant

Hi!

Before the covid period, in 2020, we had the chance to invite you to our company for hosting a code jam.

I send recently an email and understood that at the moment that's not the case any more. And it's only organized via the sap-advocates? Do you think in the future there is a chance we can invite you back like before the code jam? 

I really would like that 🙂

Kind regards,

Anton Pierhagen

23 REPLIES 23

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Yes, we can conduct CodeJam's at locations other than SAP offices and it can be requested/hosted by a community member.  As long as it's open to all other community members in your area. You can make a request here in this forum and then we can discuss it more directly.  

Hi Thomas

That's nice 🙂 Then hereby an request for a codejam hosted at the location of our company 🙂

And certainly, everyone is welcome 🙂

0 Kudos

@AntonPierhagen  - I sent you a private message here in the Community Groups to discuss further details. 

jakobflaman
Active Participant

Hello SAP CodeJam,

we have a interest to organize a SAP Codejam

Topic: SAP ABAP Steampunk

Motivation: We are interested in the new possibilities to develop SAP CLOUD ready "On Prem Systems"

Participants: This event would be open for everybody. ABAP Developer, Architects and on migration involved SAP Consultants

Date: Fri. after 13:00 end of February

Regards

Jakob

@jakobflaman - I've also sent you a direct message to discuss the details of your location.  Thanks,

Thomas Jung

saptechengineer
Participant

Hello SAP,

Great Initiative!

We are interested to organize a SAP Codejam at our office premises @aarini - Netherlands.

Topic: SAP S/4 HANA "Keep-Core-Clean" with In-app and Side-by-side BTP

(we are open to any other suggestions from your side)

Participants: SAP S/4 HANA technical Developer, ABAPer, Architect, Basis (all technical/functional people working in SAP)

Location: Aarini Consulting B.v., Wegalaan 4, 2132 JC Hoofddorp

Possible Date: between 17th Feb to 25th Feb

Regards,

Partha

Aarini Consulting

0 Kudos

@thomas_jung Hi Thomas, first of all happy new year! Just wanted to check the possibilities at our location in the Netherlands. Thanks in advance!

I sent you a direct message here in the Groups as well to discuss further.

aditya19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thats nice!

Code jams should resume.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I am also interested in a company hosted code jam for the benefit of the UK & Ireland SAP User Group.(UKISUG).

The topic would be ABAP Cloud and keeping the core clean by migrating existing development - especially user exits - to the new development model.

Thanks

Ian

Do you have some UKISUG specific meeting/dates that you would want to align this with? Particluar dates or time frames or locations? Or do you want to do this as a standalone event but just target the UKISUG audience?  Perhaps email me at thomas.jung@sap.com so we can discuss this in more detail. 

DavidJauernig
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

we are also interested in hosting one or more SAP Code Jams in Bielefeld, Germany.

An interesting topic would be on-stack developer extensibility with ABAP Cloud or Side-By-Side Extensibility with ABAP, but of course we are open for other interesting topics.

Target group would be developers/architects.

Thanks

David

Rwitte
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello @thomas_jung ,

great to hear that the SAP CodeJams are back! 🙂

We would be interested to host a SAP CodeJam again at our location in Gütersloh (Germany).

I checked the current topics that are offered and if possible we would like to host one or both of the topics

- ABAP Cloud
- Service Integration with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model

These areas are of very much interest for my colleagues and me. In additiona I think it will also be of interested for devs/architects of other companies in our area.

Regarding the timing we would be flexible starting from Q2 on.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Raphael 

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I will contact you via direct message to gather some more details. We have some planning in progress that I can loop you into. 

Bartek
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would be happy to host SAP Code Jam in Warsaw.

Any topics concerning SAP BTP, ABAP development or CPI are very welcome 🙂 

Best regards

Bartek

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I've recorded your request.  Look for a direct message here in the Community to gather more details. 

Bartek
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas!

dianab
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung ,

we would like to host a SAP CodeJam from our company and would like very much to get in touch 🙂

we are interested in several topics that are currently available.

Kind regards,

Diana

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I've recorded your request.  Look for a direct message here in the Community to gather more details. 

ViktorH
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung,

a few years ago we already hosted a Code Jam and we would like to do that again. Would be great if you register our request and send a direct message for further communication.

Thanks,

Viktor

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've recorded your request and sent you a direct message seeking more details. 

BasPaardekooper
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung!

We are a technical consultancy firm (SAP Development, Integration, Basis and Architecture) based in the Netherlands and would like to host a CodeJam about Steampunk / ABAP in the Cloud. We hope that you are willing to support / guide us in our first steps with Steampunk.

Kind regards,
Bas

0 Kudos

I will be in touch via direct message to discuss details, but actually Rich Heilman and I are in the Netherlands right now doing that very CodeJam topic.