SAP CodeJam
Developer focused, hands-on SAP events
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺ SAP CodeJam BTP: Hands-on with the btp CLI and APIs (Mechelen, Belgium)

SAP CodeJam
278020_278020_h_ergb_s_glreduced.jpg

The inaugural SAP CodeJam BTP event is on the Core Service APIs for SAP BTP and also the command line interface tool for SAP BTP, otherwise known as the btp CLI.

This is an in-person event only (not virtual) and is planned for Fri 23 Sep in Mechelen, Belgium, to coincide with the SAP Inside Track event which is on the next day, Sat 24 Sep in Kontich, Belgium (the locations are quite close to each other).

The event is kindly being hosted by TheValueChain (the location of the event is their office in Mechelen), thank you!

The instructor is Developer Advocate DJ Adams

There are essential prerequisites that must be completed by every attendee, before arriving at the event location. They are documented here: https://github.com/SAP-samples/cloud-btp-cli-api-codejam/blob/main/prerequisites.md 

If you wish to attend, please indicate that using the "I'm attending" facility on this page. Please note that spaces are limited - we can only accommodate 25 attendees. In that context, if you indicate that you're attending, and later realise you're unable to, please remove your name so that others get a chance instead. Thanks!

For more information on SAP CodeJam BTP events, to ask questions, and to chat with your fellow attendees, head over to the SAP CodeJam BTP group.

Featured Guests
Featured Guests
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
Wayenborgstraat 26, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
9 Comments
qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Greetings CodeJam attendees, I'm looking forward to seeing you in Mechelen later this month. I wanted to highlight a few things:

- most important of all is that there are PREREQUISITES for this CodeJam which you must complete BEFORE the day of the CodeJam: https://github.com/SAP-samples/cloud-btp-cli-api-codejam/blob/main/prerequisites.md 

- the prerequisites describe a requirement for an account on SAP Business Technology Platform; trial accounts are still available and worth considering for this event

- remember that CodeJams are in-person only events, with support on the day from the instructor, in the venue; there is no remote or virtual part to such events

- as with all CodeJams, you need to bring your own laptop (don't forget your power supply!); you will need to be able to connect it to the local wifi at the venue; if you would like to try out the experimental "container" approach, please note the optional requirement for Docker Desktop too 

I look forward to seeing you there!

CBasis
Participant

Hi @qmacro DJ, 

thanks for the update.

One question regarding β€žto bring your own laptop with enough power for the dayβ€œ:

Does that mean that we need to run in battery mode for 6 hours?   (Or is it possible to connect and recharge batteries πŸ”‹ at the location)

iβ€˜m asking because my old laptop wonβ€˜t make it for such a long time 🫒

looking forward to the session

Christian

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Ha, nice one Christian. My poor choice of phrase. I've amended it. There will be power, just don't forget to bring your power supply πŸ™‚

bartdp
Explorer

@CBasisdon't worry, power will be available πŸ™‚

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I'm looking forward to seeing you all in-person on Friday! Please don't forget to ensure you have worked through the prerequisites before you arrive, so we can have a great day of collaborative learning. The prerequisites are documented here: https://github.com/SAP-samples/cloud-btp-cli-api-codejam/blob/main/prerequisites.md  

Stijn_Puttemans
Explorer

What time does the codejam starts?

pieterjanssens
Active Participant

9 AM CEST

CBasis
Participant

9 AM CEST, which basically means that it already started and we at exercise 4 of 9 at the moment.  πŸ˜ž 

Stijn_Puttemans
Explorer

Ok. Then i missed it. To bad that the hour is not displayed correct on this page.