SAP CodeJam
Developer focused, hands-on SAP events
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🇦🇺 SAP CodeJam ABAP: SAP BTP, ABAP Environment & RAP (Melbourne, Australia)

SAP CodeJam

This will be an ABAP CodeJam on the topic: SAP Business Technology Platform, ABAP Environment & ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model.  We will be hosting 4 hours of developer networking and hands-on coding exercises on the latest ABAP capabilities. This event will be co-located/co-hosted as part of the Mastering SAP conference on July 20th-22nd, 2022. This is a free bonus session to those attending the conference. The technical prerequisites and other details can be found in the discussion group. The most important item there is to make sure to have completed the technical prerequisites. Feel free to ask additional questions there as well.

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
Crown Promenade Melbourne, Whiteman Street, Southbank VIC, Australia
5 Comments
Macumbo
Discoverer

I would like to participate on this CodeJam but I'm not able to flight to Australia. Is it possible to participate online? Will it be on any online platform?

Regards.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Sorry but this is a completely in-person educational experience. Streaming the same online wouldn't really provide a good attendee experience. However, you are welcome to walk through the exercise content on your own.  You will find that it contains tutorials that are also designed for self-study. But the in person version we do class discussion, troubleshooting with attendees and such that doesn't translate well to online. 

If you are highly interested in this topic, you might also consider the new ABAP learning journey as well: Get Started with ABAP Programming on SAP BTP
As the world begins to recover from Covid, we should be able to offer an increasing number of inperson experiences like this CodeJam. Hopefully we will be able to bring one to an area near you in the future. 

Nikhil_Rao_ABAP
Participant

Hi Tom,

As an ABAPper based in Melbourne, just wanted to ask if we can still attend this CodeJam, even if we are not able to attend the MasteringSAP conference. 

Kind Regards,

Nikhil Rao

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

As it's being hosted as part of the Mastering SAP event, it's only open to attendees that are also registered for the overall event. But if you would be interested in organizing some sort of informal meet up for ABAPers in Melbourne; I'd be happy to join.  I'll still be in the area Friday night and all-day Saturday. You can use the CodeJam group to see if others are interested and organize a meet up location/time.  
https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-codejam-abap/welcome-to-the-sap-codejam-abap-group/ta-p/4398

Prasenjitsbist
Participant

Thomas,

Is anything planned in India? Great to see you back on an important ABAP topic. Are there also plans to make these events online if not possible to bring to different geographies but yes nothing beats the in person experience.