SAP CodeJam
Developer focused, hands-on SAP events
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🇩🇪 SAP CodeJam BTP: Hands-on with the btp CLI and APIs (Heilbronn, DE)

SAP CodeJam

This SAP CodeJam BTP event is on the Core Service APIs for SAP BTP and also the command line interface tool for SAP BTP, otherwise known as the btp CLI.

This CodeJam introduces attendees to btp, the CLI for the SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP). It also introduces attendees to the APIs for SAP BTP, known as Core Services for SAP BTP, which, according to the SAP Business Accelerator Hub, allow you to "manage, build, and extend the core capabilities of SAP BTP."

After completing this CodeJam, you will be familiar with how to use the btp CLI on the command line, and also in scripts, to view, administer and generally manage resources on SAP BTP. You'll also have a good understanding of what is possible with the APIs, and perhaps more critically, how to prepare and use authentication for them.

This is an in-person event only (not virtual) and is planned for Fri 24 Feb 2023 in Heilbronn, Germany. The language of the event and the content will be English. 

The event is kindly being hosted by Engineering ITS GmbH (the location of the event is their office in Heilbronn), thank you!

The instructor is Developer Advocate DJ Adams

There are essential prerequisites that must be completed by every attendee, before arriving at the event location. They are documented here: https://github.com/SAP-samples/cloud-btp-cli-api-codejam/blob/main/prerequisites.md 

If you wish to attend, please indicate that using the "I'm attending" facility on this page. Please note that spaces are limited - we can only accommodate 25 attendees. In that context, if you indicate that you're attending, and later realise you're unable to, please remove your name so that others get a chance instead. Thanks!

For more information on SAP CodeJam BTP events, to ask questions, and to chat with your fellow attendees, head over to the SAP CodeJam group.

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
Engineering ITS, Gymnasiumstraße 41, 74072 Heilbronn, Germany
21 Comments
Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor

Can only recommend this event!

I participated last year in Belgium and DJ did a great job.

Even though I'm not coming, but I think you should clarify what language this event is held at.

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Thanks Marian! (sorry, meant to reply to this a lot sooner!). I've also added the language info in the item - good idea.

marcobuescher
Active Contributor

Anmerkung zu den Parkmöglichkeiten:
Parken könnt Ihr:
Parkhaus Am Wollhaus 10, 74072 Heilbronn
Gebühren Max: 13,00 €

Vom Bahnhof Heilbronn ist die Engineering fußläufig nach 1,3 km zu erreichen.

Note on parking facilities:
You can park at:
Parking garage Am Wollhaus 10, 74072 Heilbronn
Fees Max: 13,00 €

From the Heilbronn train station, Engineering is 1.3 km away on foot.

MTNg
Participant

Will the event also be live streamed?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

We, as a rule, don't live stream the CodeJam events.  The real value of these events is the one-on-one personal interaction with the instructor, the group discussion and the informal networking.  Much of the event time is spent with attendees working individually as the instructor floats around the room and talks with and supports the attendees.  Therefore, that wouldn't really translate well to a compelling online experience.  We want to keep the online content focused on that format (like @qmacro weekly live streams) and keep the in-person events dedicated to the strenghts of that format. 

marcobuescher
Active Contributor

Hello,

thank you for the question. The event is not streamed.

Greetings

Marco

former_member124045
Discoverer

Hello ,

Please let me know the correct time for this workshop. Above it looks like 12 AM to 6 AM as below image  and when I added calendar in outlook its shows 9 AM to 3 PM on 24th Feb.

soniveer1992_0-1676298680393.png

Regards 

Virendra 

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

The time in that calendar box is adjusted for your time zone settings in the Community. You need to maintain the correct time zone in your Community Profile for the time to appear correct for you here.  See this article for more details: Community Events and Time Zones - SAP Community Groups

SebastianEsch
Active Participant

I had this set to my local timezone, but got 12 am to 6 am displayed. After saving my settings in the profile without changing the timezone, it now shows the times adjusted to the timezone in the settings.

marcobuescher
Active Contributor

Hello Thomas,

some people ask me what kind of previous knowledge you need to participate in CodeJam? Do you have to be a developer or can module consultants also participate?

SebastianEsch
Active Participant

I guess some familiarity with SAP Business Technology Platform makes sense, as the APIs and the Command Line Interface are for BTP admins and developers to manage BTP global- and sub-accounts. As a module consultant without any experience in BTP I guess it will be hard to follow.

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

In some ways it will help folks with little specific knowledge about SAP BTP to become more familiar with it, as they explore it in the journey through the exercises. We've had feedback to that effect - folks not that familiar with SAP BTP came away from the event feeling more confident in knowing what it is and what it encompasses.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

The day is filled with hands-on coding exercises designed for developers.  If someone had absolutely no coding experience then this probably wouldn't b the event for them.

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

In addition, we try to put a small "Knowledge and experience" section in the prerequisites, to give a more CodeJam-specific flavour of such prior knowledge requirements. The one for the btp CLI and APIs SAP CodeJam is here https://github.com/SAP-samples/cloud-btp-cli-api-codejam/blob/main/prerequisites.md#knowledge-and-ex... 👍

marcobuescher
Active Contributor

Thanks Thomas

marcobuescher
Active Contributor

Thanks DJ.

adrian-ngo
Explorer

Thank you DJ Adams! Thank you to the organisers!
Going home with new CLI super-powers 😉

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

You're welcome! 

And remember, #TheFutureIsTerminal ! 🙂

marhol
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks a lot @qmacro for the great session - you still always learn so much. Thanks and Kudos also to @Former Member for organizing the event - and especially the superb Italien buffet for lunch.