SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBS Auto Clearing for Multiple ACH payments - DMEE 019 Interpretation Algorithm

sap_vijaykk
Explorer
0 Kudos

EBS Auto clearing for multiple ACH payments in SAP via Standard Interpretation Algorithm 019

The Automatic Payment Program processed for all of the ACH payments are associated with a single DME number.

screenshot-2023-01-29-171629.png

Table: REGUP

screenshot-2023-01-29-162116.png

Posting Rule:

screenshot-2023-01-29-161041.png

Assigned External Transaction Type to Posting Rule:

screenshot-2023-01-29-161345.png

• 019 (DME administration reference document number)

You use this algorithm to import those bank statement line items that relate to a previous payment run. All the items for a payment medium generated by the payment program are grouped by means of a DME (data medium exchange) reference number. Your house bank confirms the overall total for the line items, together with the DME reference number. The algorithm finds in the note to payee lines in the bank statement the DME reference number that is used to find and clear all line items in the system.

Issue:

Note to Payee contains the DMEE Reference number, however after upload the document didn't post automatically. I'm getting the error: Error: (F5 263) The difference is too large for clearing

screenshot-2023-01-29-173549.png

screenshot-2023-01-29-172214.png

Can you help me to understand why the 019: interpretation algorithm didn't pick the DMEE reference and did auto clearing? Let me know if I'm missing anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Edrilan_Berisha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

you have the DME reference entered in the memo line (note to payee). But it should be in the CHECT (FEBEP-CHECT) field of the bank statement item. The algorithm 019 doesn't check what is written in the note to payee.

Best,

Edrilan Berisha

SAP S/4HANA Financials Development

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Edrilan_Berisha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

you have the DME reference entered in the memo line (note to payee). But it should be in the CHECT (FEBEP-CHECT) field of the bank statement item. The algorithm 019 doesn't check what is written in the note to payee.

Best,

Edrilan Berisha

0 Kudos

Hi Edrilan,

Thanks for your response.

Isn't CHECT field dedicated for Check Number population? No value is being passed in the FEBEP-CHECT. We use CAMT 053 XML Format for bank statement. Not sure if I'm missing anything. Please advise.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi sap.vijaykk,

I do not know which release you are on. From the screenshot it looked like you are working on some OP release. Either you use the Incoming File Mapping Engine: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_ON-PREMISE/f31c04a6a6124f8a80f32850ae4169de/ae997550be9deb55e10....

Or you adjust the transformation yourself in the backend if you're on an OP release. But the algorithm will not work with the reference in note to payee. I can guarantee you that. We are working on improving this though for future S/4HANA cloud releases. But I cannot say when exactly this will be in place.

Best,

Edrilan Berisha