SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Entry Number of Partial Application 2302

former_member819597
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we have an option to change in layout after 2302 change, about Reprocess Bank Statement Items and Reprocess Lockbox Items apps, you can display an additional column, which gives you the number of the latest journal entry of the partial application of the bank statement items or lockbox items. If you select the value in the Journal Entry Number of Partial Application column (JE No. of Prtl Appl.), you can view the respective journal entry.

How it's work as in while doing Reprocessing of Bank statement, doesn't allow to post Partial payment.

Regards,

Vaibhav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Edrilan_Berisha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi vaibhav_saxena ,

you did not read my whole answer. I already answered you what this column is about. This is about multiple partial application. This is not enabled and therefore not possible. You should not add this column because it is of no use for you.

Regarding this statement: "we can't make partial payment of 500 EUR. we have to fully clear the 500 EUR( 300+200).."

No you are not understanding the naming, this is actually a partial payment. Even if you fully cleared both open items. This process is called partial payment. If you talk about residual item posting (you have a bank statement item of 200, but you have an invoice of 300. Now you expect another bank statement item to be posted later in the system. So you clear 200 out of the 300, that is not called partial payment. That is known as residual item posting - and also that is fully supported and available in the 'Reprocess Bank Statement Items' app.)

Best,

Edrilan Berisha

SAP S/4HANA Financials Development

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Edrilan_Berisha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

I am not sure if we are on the same page. But your last question

"How it's work as in while doing Reprocessing of Bank statement, doesn't allow to post Partial payment."

That is not correct. You can of course do partial payment.

I have a payment of 500 Euro, two invoices of each 300 Euro. The second invoice will partially be paid with 200 Euro from my bank statement item.

The field you talk about is not about partial payment. That is about multiple partial payment. That is not enabled and possible.

Best,

Edrilan Berisha

former_member819597
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Edrilan,

Thanks for response, my ask was not that, we can do partial payment (Clearing) as in a screen shot shared by u .. we can't make partial payment of 500 EUR. we have to fully clear the 500 EUR( 300+200), That's OK.

As per Upgrade- 2302

"Reprocess Bank Statement Items and Reprocess Lockbox Items apps, you can display an additional column, which gives you the number of the latest journal entry of the partial application of the bank statement items or lockbox items. If you select the value in the Journal Entry Number of Partial Application column (JE No. of Prtl Appl.), you can view the respective journal entry."

what is the functionality of "JE No. of Prtl Appl." in "Reprocess Bank Statements Item"

Regards,

Vaibhav

Edrilan_Berisha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi vaibhav_saxena ,

you did not read my whole answer. I already answered you what this column is about. This is about multiple partial application. This is not enabled and therefore not possible. You should not add this column because it is of no use for you.

Regarding this statement: "we can't make partial payment of 500 EUR. we have to fully clear the 500 EUR( 300+200).."

No you are not understanding the naming, this is actually a partial payment. Even if you fully cleared both open items. This process is called partial payment. If you talk about residual item posting (you have a bank statement item of 200, but you have an invoice of 300. Now you expect another bank statement item to be posted later in the system. So you clear 200 out of the 300, that is not called partial payment. That is known as residual item posting - and also that is fully supported and available in the 'Reprocess Bank Statement Items' app.)

Best,

Edrilan Berisha