SAP for Chemicals Discussions
Ignite conversations about maximizing efficiency, enhancing safety, and innovating in the chemicals industry with SAP. Start a discussion today.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S/4HANA for Product Compliance: "Reverse" Outdated supplier status

Paulo_Pinto
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Community

In performing some tests in an SAP S/4HANA for Product Compliance (on prem, 2023) I set a supplier of a raw material to "outdated". 

How can I reverse this status? I can't add it as a new supplier, the system retrieves an error message stating that the supplier is already assigned to the raw material! 

Do I have to create a new PO with the supplier?

SAP Help isn't very helpful 

SAP Product and REACH Compliance   SAP S/4HANA for product compliance  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael_Mulder
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Paulo_Pinto , here is some information on your question. Right now, once the status "outdated" is set, this is currently not reversable.  As I understand it (but I haven't personally tested this), recreation is only possible after the ILM retention period has passed and the Supplier Material has been physically deleted. There is currently a ticket open on this issue and a development team is working on this. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_Mulder
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Paulo_Pinto , here is some information on your question. Right now, once the status "outdated" is set, this is currently not reversable.  As I understand it (but I haven't personally tested this), recreation is only possible after the ILM retention period has passed and the Supplier Material has been physically deleted. There is currently a ticket open on this issue and a development team is working on this. 

Hi @Michael_Mulder .

Again, thank you for your answer. 

"Right now, once the status "outdated" is set, this is currently not reversable. " well, this is really inconvenient; and more, if one considers the position of the outdated button which is rather easy to click by mistake and the proneness to make errors by users (mainly due to work loads and some distraction).
Hope SAP solves this issue promptly.

Again, thank you.