SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations Discussions
Share your knowledge on SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations, connect with community members, and join discussions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 ways AI is changing the construction game

fdetoma
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I want to point out the excellent article published recently on Construction Business Owner, the leading business magazine for contractors and designed to help owners of construction firms run successful businesses.

Thank you @Matthias-Bohner for putting this together. In which of the 6 areas below does SAP HANA Cloud have embedded AI ready to be used by main contractors?

1. Bidding & Planning

2. Design & BIM

3. Delivery

4. Financial Planning & Tracking

5. Transition to Operations

6. Safety

1 REPLY 1

Matthias-Bohner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks @fdetoma , this is exactly the situation, many customers are in at the moment. A lot are looking at what is available as embedded AI in SAP S4/HANA and there is already many services around RBA (Robotic Automation), Situation handling, Machine Learning, but also the GenAI application, such as Industry Cloud Extensions from e.g. Smartapp. They reach from pure Line-of-Business (LOB) capabilities, streamlining and automating processes, like for instance Matching payments with open customer receivables using our cash application or automate set up of contracts and project structures or optimizing the sourcing process to identify the right supplier, subcontractor to more complex applications, like reading, validating and categorizing specs and submittals using document extraction services. In all cases, we are at the beginning of a journey and most customers are in the process of identifying their bets. I have come a cross a matrix, based on a survey that was done beginning of this year and I think it illustrates the approach, but also give our industry some food for thought. use case prioritization.png