SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long-term loans in a Budget Control System

valen-74
Participant
0 Kudos

We are looking for a solution that can help us to control Long-term loans in a Budget Control System. Financial accounts for loans are balance accounts. As far as I know, this kind of accounts doesn't use in budget execution, however, I may be wrong. Any way, if we give loans to other clients and want to control it in BCS, how we can do it?

Can we use FMDERIVE for deriving a budget address directly in Earmarked fund documents?

If it helps, we are in S/4HANA and use Spanish Public Sector country specific functions. 

Thank you in advance

Valentyna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor

Doesn't matter... if you put WBS in earmarked fund, the system will require G/L account, which is a cost element, but once more, this info is not of any importance, while it can still serve you for your derivation rules

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Earmarked fund creation will pass through FMDERIVE, just you would have to supply some info, so your derivation rules would have something to be based on. You can provide CO account assignment in an earmarked fund, e.g., cost centre, G/L account, WBS, etc. This is your only way to make FMDERIVE to derive FM account assignment for you. Otherwise, it's manual introduction, unless you have an interface from a local system.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli, 

We put a commitment item in a master data of G/L account and it works, apparently.

My question is more about data consistency. Will we have some kind of problems in the future, if we use the balance G/L accounts directly in the execution of the budget? I mean, in other processes like carry forward, FI/CO integration, or staff like that...

Thank you in advance,

Valentyna

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Putting G/L account in earmarked fund bares no serious meaning, unless you use CO commitments module. Otherwise, it's purely informational. Nevertheless, it will serve its purpose for deriving Commitment item, if you have such a rule in FMDERIVE

0 Kudos

With this kind of G/L acount we want use WEB elements, but I can not discart that in the future we may use Cost Centers alone with balance G/L accounts.

thank you

0 Kudos

* WBS elements

iklovski
Active Contributor

Doesn't matter... if you put WBS in earmarked fund, the system will require G/L account, which is a cost element, but once more, this info is not of any importance, while it can still serve you for your derivation rules

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!