SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to prorate using REFVAL06 Variant added in the middle of the Period

anku19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a new operand is added for the REFVAL06 variant in the middle of period i.e.., if the Billing period is from 10th December to 10th January and the operand is added on 25th of December, the operand is not prorated. It starts billing only in the new period. I have tried different combinations of the period control in the rate i.e.., 00,01 etc. but with no use.

Can you please suggest how this can be handled so that the operand is billed with the prorated value?

Thanks,

Anand.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anku19
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP replied back on this. If an operand is added in the middle of the period for a Optional step, the periodic billing wouldn't pick up the operand in the cycle if "All Operand Values" are used (if you don't use it, it will bill the whole period). Hence the picky way to bill the records in the first month is to bill it as an intermittent bill. Then the newly added operand will be picked up.

Thank you for all the help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You have to check the Access Control for the operand in question, this will be 'Operand Access' under Operand.

Check the below for example:

Thanks,

Srini

anku19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

We have maintained the access control as mentioned by you.. But Unfortunately we seem to be having the same issue even after the changes. The logics works fine when it is an interim bill. Having issues only during periodic bill

Thanks,

Anand

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Just realised your original question, you have mentioned change is after the billing period i.e. on 25th Jan - is this right? if so then you wont see proration.

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thank you for the information. That was a typo and I corrected it now.

Thanks,

Anand.

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have now checked the standard documentation for REFVAL06 and in there it clearly mentions suppress change dates for operand!

Depending on your requirement you might have to create a custom variant by copying this standard and change the check-box for Input Operand REFVALUE.

Thanks,

Srini

anku19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

As suggested, we have made the changes and tried billing the record. The solution didn't make any change.

Thanks,

Anand.

anku19
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP replied back on this. If an operand is added in the middle of the period for a Optional step, the periodic billing wouldn't pick up the operand in the cycle if "All Operand Values" are used (if you don't use it, it will bill the whole period). Hence the picky way to bill the records in the first month is to bill it as an intermittent bill. Then the newly added operand will be picked up.

Thank you for all the help.