Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP - DB Deployer failing after renaming a column of an entity

Mohit_Agarwal
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I made a spelling error in a column of an entity in schema file. After renaming the entity, when I try to deploy the artifacts, it is failing with the following error:

com.sap.hana.di.table: Database error 287: cannot insert NULL or update to NULL: EMPDIGITALID: line 1 col 1 (at pos 0)

Can someone help. Thanks!!

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Mohit_Agarwal 
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

To help us to understand your query better, could you please provide the following information?

• Title or URL of the SAP Learning Journey and the exercise (title/number) you are referring to 
  • Screenshots: To help us visualize the issue

Thank you
Margit 

Mohit_Agarwal
Associate
Associate

Hi @Margit_Wagner ,

Pardon me if this is not the right place to ask this question.

This is not a part of any SAP Learning Journey but purely related to Domain modelling in CAP which comes under BTP Extension Suite Learning Journey.

If you look closely, in order entity, earlier it was 'empdigitialid'. Now, I have corrected it to be 'empdigitalid'

Old schema:

Mohit_Agarwal_1-1681218401846.png

Updated schema:

Mohit_Agarwal_0-1681218343056.png

Log file:

Mohit_Agarwal_3-1681218537697.png

Link to log file: cafti-cds-db-deployer.log

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks!!

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Mohit_Agarwal
Unfortunately this topic isn't specifically covered here and since it can hardly be answered from our side, I can point you to several excellent resources to help find an answer to your question.

I would like to encourage you to post this question to a our SAP Community https://sap.com/community.html where you can directly exchange with experienced experts with project Background -  SAP Community is a public space where anyone can start discussions and questions are answered by anyone.

SAP Community enables professionals across the globe to connect, exchange information, engage, and receive recognition for your achievements. This inclusive and receptive environment welcomes all individuals who want to seek help and share knowledge about SAP software and solutions.

If you need help, and your issue is specific to the standard functionality of your SAP solution, contact SAP Product Support using the channel listed below which best suits your business impact

Please check https://support.sap.com/en/my-support/product-support.html#section_519294480

Please always feel free to come back to our SAP BTP Learning group to ask your questions related to our  Learning Journeys or to our certification published on SAP Learning  and collaborate with other learners to reach your learning goals and to prepare for your SAP Certification exams. However, for your particular question, I'd recommend the resource above.

I hope this helps, and best of luck!

Margit

I hope this helps, and best of luck!