cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an API Based on Slack: Error while publishing product

mphlippen
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the journey "Developing with SAP Integration Suite", unit "API Provisioning", lesson "Creating an API Based on Slack" I get an error in "Task 6: Create a Product From Your API". 

When I want to publish the product I get this error message:

mphlippen_0-1676020823710.png

The "Show details" are not really helpful:

mphlippen_1-1676020857001.png

Note: There are some discrepancies between the screenshots in the task (or the steps in the Exercise) to how the Integration Suite actually looks. I guess the screenshots were made with an older version. So I might be missing something here...

I noticed however, that the step with the API Business Hub Enterprise feature is missing entirely in the Exercise and this step really confuses me as I only get a "Login" button there, that is actually a "Logout" button. So I guess this could be related to my problem here?

What I see when clicking on API Business Hub Enterprise:

mphlippen_2-1676021137897.png

And what the "Login"-Button actually does:

mphlippen_3-1676021209266.png

In any case, I cannot proceed with the lessons as I cannot publish the product.

Thanks for help & Kind regards!

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @mphlippen,
We have received your request and are in the process of evaluating the problem.
Please allow for a delay in our response.
Kind regards
Margit

mphlippen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @Margit_Wagner,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any news for me? I'd like to proceed with the tasks 🙂

Or can I ignore the issue (for now) and proceed with the next lesson regardless?

Thanks & Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi mphlippen,

please retry this steps again. Sometimes the backend system is not available and so the change will not be completed.

Cheers.

mphlippen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @sklawonn,

unfortunately the error still persists. Still the same error message without any details in "Show details"

mphlippen_0-1676648775233.png

Thanks & Kind regards!

sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
It looks like that the system is unavailable. PLease be patient an retry it later. Thanks
mphlippen
Explorer
0 Kudos
I already waited for one week before asking the question. So now it has been unavailable for three weeks? Anyways, how relevant is this step. Can I continue with the next lessons? Thanks & regards
sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi mphlippen, you could check this in your process step and then open the Developer tools on your using browser. You need than to check your status code.
mphlippen
Explorer
0 Kudos

What status code are you referring to?

Here's my Integration Suite with Slack API:

mphlippen_0-1677059433437.png

The product is associated:

mphlippen_1-1677059542516.png

The product says the same:

mphlippen_2-1677059590768.png

And when I want to publish the product, the mentioned error occurs:

mphlippen_3-1677059622380.png

So... what status exactly are you talking about?

I repeat my question, please answer it: Does this error prevent me from proceeding with lesson/unit? If the next steps require a published product it is clearly the case that I cannot proceed. If the next steps don't require a published product I may proceed. It's easy, just answer it please. Thanks.

My other question/issue wasn't replied to either: Is the problem maybe related to the wrong link in the "Login"-Button in the API Business Hub Enterprise?

Thanks & Regards!

sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi mphlippen, it woul be easier for the process to proceed step by step. If you want to proceed the the next units with publishing a product it won`t work. So please check as I wrote your status code as mentioned in this topic https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-btp-learning-q-a/developing-with-sap-integration-suite-test-... .

You are stil able to pass this unit and jump into the iFlow section.

Cheers

mphlippen
Explorer
0 Kudos

The word "status" isn't even in the link you provided... Anyways, I think I figured out what you were talking about. Here seems to be a problem:

mphlippen_0-1677225559074.png

So, I tried to set it up again from scratch. I wanted to delete the API, which isn't possible with an associated product:

mphlippen_4-1677225994749.png

Find. So I tried removing the API from the product:

mphlippen_2-1677225688558.png

After which I can't save the product:

mphlippen_3-1677225710055.png

I can't delete or "Un-Deploy" the API with an associated product. I can't save the product without an associated API. Seems to be a dead lock...

Either way, I created a new API and followed the steps of the lesson again.
The Connector is up an running:

mphlippen_5-1677227541532.png

The connection - and I double-and triple checked the secrets - is not:

mphlippen_7-1677227668324.png

I guess this is the problem. How do I solve it?

Thanks & Kind regards

sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That is not the issue! Are you able to access the API Business Hub Enterprise ?

sklawonn_0-1677248288820.png

If you are not able to access the API Business Hub Enterprise please set up you rights under Security ==> Users...

mphlippen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Yes, I am able to access it - as I stated multiple times. The "close the browser and relog" part was missing. Note that this step (close browser) is not mentioned in the lesson and that the API Business Hub in its entirety is missing from the Exercise in the lesson. Either way, I was finally able to publish the product. Thank you!
sklawonn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
You are amazing, great news! Cheers for successful completing this challenge. 🙂

Answers (0)