cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questionmark cannot launch sample exam / I s this the only way?

Meinrad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is more some kind of feedback than a question. This morning I installed Questionmark Secure Browser and tried to launch the sample session.
I got an error message telling me that Questionmark cannot run inside virtual machines. Well, that's clear. But It wasn't running inside a virtual machine. And there was no useful information what I can do. No detail like service or application name. 
Support told me that they do not share that information of what is tested because it is proprietary of Questionmark. This is understandable. To some extend... But I am sitting here not knowing how to get further.
Is there any option to go "somewhere" and take the exam on a certified PC?
Kind regards
Meinrad

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Meinrad
Can you please share the title and the code of the exam want to take  in a classroom (=  option to go "somewhere" and take the exam on a certified PC)
Kind regards
Margit

Meinrad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @Margit_Wagner,

I did not book the exam or tried to book it. I am old schoool, you know... When I pay for something I'd like to check that it works.
So what I did was to read the description

Meinrad_0-1675836539499.png

on https://learning.sap.com/certification/sap-certified-technology-associate-sap-hana-cloud-provisionin... . As there is no alternative way mentioned I thought Questionmark is mandatory. So I downloaded it and gave it a try.  Tried to book and join  a sample exam at https://ondemand.questionmark.eu/Lobby/34/QSB/Setup.  That failed . Now I'm talking to our IT guys. They will set up some fresh spare PC and when I go to the office the next time I can try again.
If there is an option to take the exam for those who can't use Questionmark, BTW: That would be great. I also would like to have the option taking some notes during the exam. Mostly those questions I answered but want to re-visit and double check if there is some time left.

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Meinrad
our exams are available online 24/7 and each exam is proctored remotely.
You can take exams anywhere in the world as long as you have an Internet connection and a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam.
Because the exams are secure and proctored there are some technical requirements. 
There are two primary things that need to be setup prior to taking your exam:

1. Questionmark Secure
  2. Real-time Communication Components

Please have a look at  Frequently asked questions - where you can find mor details under What are the technical requirements for taking an exam?
So it looks like there is currently no option to go somewhere and take the exam on a certified PC unless the exam is also offered as a classroom. In this case it is depending on the location of the classroom training. Usually it is part of the standard equipment that PCs and monitors are available. If this is not provided you should  be informed via email.

In case your question is answered from your perspective, I also would like to ask you to use function “Answer" to complete this question.

Kind regards,
Margit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Meinrad
our exams are available online 24/7 and each exam is proctored remotely.
You can take exams anywhere in the world as long as you have an Internet connection and a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam.
Because the exams are secure and proctored there are some technical requirements. 
There are two primary things that need to be setup prior to taking your exam:

1. Questionmark Secure
  2. Real-time Communication Components

Please have a look at  Frequently asked questions - where you can find mor details under What are the technical requirements for taking an exam?
So it looks like there is currently no option to go somewhere and take the exam on a certified PC unless the exam is also offered as a classroom. In this case it is depending on the location of the classroom training. Usually it is part of the standard equipment that PCs and monitors are available. If this is not provided you should  be informed via email.

In case your question is answered from your perspective, I also would like to ask you to use function “Answer" to complete this question.

Kind regards,
Margit

Answers (0)