SAP SuccessFactors Learning Life Sciences User Group Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A New Home in the New Year for SAP Community!

1708 VTK and Preview Mobile App updates recently released

Sany-Said
Employee
Employee

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year.  Just wanted to let everyone know in case you didn't see the updates, the 1708 Validation Toolkit is now available in the Validated SaaS Learning Communication group (open only to VSaaS Customers).  Also the 1708 Mobile Learning Preview app is now available in the app store under Learning Preview by SuccessFactors, Inc. This is the app that you can register and test with on your stage/preview environments.

Sany

5 REPLIES 5

Naveen2
Galactic 2
Galactic 2
0 Kudos

Hi Sany,

Thanks for the updates!!

Please confirm if e-signature feature is now part of the mobile Learning App, We are trying to get started with testing Mobile App in our stage environment which is integrated with BizX (prerequisites for using Mobile App).

As we are on validated yearly upgrade cycle will E-signature feature in the app compatible with LMS 1708 version.

FYI, when I try to use the demo feature in the app , I do get "Learning is not available please contact your administrator" message. It would be great if you can please assist or provide documentations with the registration & next steps.

Environment Details:

Currently we are on scheduled for 1708 upgrade on March 25th 2018

Thanks, 

Naveen Chinthati 

LMS & Compliance Tower Lead, ESIS 

Eisai Inc., 100 Tice Blvd. Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey 07677
O:201 746-2243 

M: 908 451-8130 

E: Naveen_Chinthati@eisai.com

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen, you have the use the 'Learning Preview' app for Sandbox or Stage environments. Since the Jan 5th update, our Learning Preview app has shown the same message you describe and we can no longer connect our Sandbox or Stage environments to mobile. We have an open support case and are awaiting an answer from SAPSF.

0 Kudos
We just had the monthly Life Sciences LSIG call. If you do not have the invite, then please let me know. On the call, we discussed the Validated mobile app. Sany is aware of this issue.

Guy_Wilkins
Galactic 3
Galactic 3
0 Kudos

Hi Sany,

I hope you can help us as we are having a different experience accessing the validated Learning Preview app.

The screenshots in iTunes show a different look and feel to the app that downloads - which is more classic in nature. The app version on my iPhone shows version 3 rv:21 with release notes of 20th June 2016 CEST.

Clearly something isn't right here and multiple people in our organisation have tried and confirm the same. I have deleted the app and re-tried multiple times.

Thoughts and counsel welcome. Thanks!

Guy_Wilkins
Galactic 3
Galactic 3
0 Kudos

One other question which is more platform than app specific but perhaps you will have a view...

Is it possible to disable the Smart Banner that prompts device users to download the SuccessFactors App... or can we change the banner to point to the Learning App? 

I ask as we only use "Learning" and JAM and the core SF app has many features not appropriate to our deployment where the dedicated learning app would serve our needs better.... plus JAM app.

Thank you

Guy