SAP SuccessFactors Learning Life Sciences User Group Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A New Home in the New Year for SAP Community!

Does this SAP 1802 Preview upgrade message have anything to do with the vSaaS/validated environments?

Katie_Klosterma
Galactic 2
Galactic 2
0 Kudos

I received this from the SAP notices today. I'm confused- who is getting this v1802 Preview upgrade? I hope not the vSaaS customers. I'm not sure what the Preview environment is in which they are speaking of- I'm getting it confused with the Validated Preview. Is this the Sandbox environment? Two of these notices came- one for the DC8 Ashburn and another for DC4 Chandler.

Thank you-

Katie Klosterman                              

Systems Administrator
Information Technology Dept.

Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.

Customer Notification:
Q1 2018 Preview Release

Dear SuccessFactors Customer,

We are pleased to advice that the Q1 2018 - 1802 release will be applied to the USA: Ashburn, VA  data center (DC8) preview environment on March 10, 2018. Your valuable partnership and support of the Preview program in the past has yielded the best outcomes in our Production releases as a result of the rigorous validation steps completed by your team.

Active participation in the preview process will provide critical insight into release functionality as well as ensure a seamless Production deployment of the 1802 release. Please follow the established feedback process to communicate your valuable observations.

Impact: During this time your Preview environment will not be available.

Event Details:

Start Date: March 10, 2018  Start Time: 00:00 EST (UNITED STATES)
Expected Duration: 7 hours

Additional information will be provided as we approach the planned event release date. The 1802 Production upgrade will take place on April 7, 2018.

** Please note that replies to this mail are not monitored**.

Best Regards,

Your SuccessFactors Team
Success is simply human.

1 REPLY 1

John_T
Galactic 4
Galactic 4
0 Kudos
Hi Katie,

This upgrade is not for the Validated LMS. The Validated LMS upgrade schedule for Production and Production Support is still on March 24th (Saturday). They moved it up one day.

The 1802 preview update they're referencing is for the HCM product suite. They want to make sure the GDPR features are properly vetted. Here is a posting with more info: https://community.successfactors.com/t5/Preferred-Success-Enablement/Prepare-for-the-Q1-2018-Release...

Thanks.