SAP SuccessFactors Learning Life Sciences User Group Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A New Home in the New Year for SAP Community!

Failed Validation: Required Date Changes

ward_scott
Galactic 6
Galactic 6
0 Kudos

Here's where I have to admit that I am still validating what we determined to be "non-critical."

Is anyone else having trouble using the "Edit Required Dates" function? I can't get it to change a date for any of our SOPs. I suspect that it may be because all of our SOP curricula are children of parent curricula, but that was never an issue in the past and would represent an exceptionally inconvenient, if not "critical", issue for us.

Thanks,

Ward

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

We do one thing differently. We usually use this feature when large projects get pushed back so, rather than select specific users, we search for a large group and then use the Select all the Users check box. It worked great in the past, but not now. After your test, I still searched for the same group but instead of using this check box, I just selected all the users. That worked.

This is why I do not want multiple major upgrades in the same year as was proposed recently. I never used to see this many issues after a release and have lost confidence in their quality system.

8 REPLIES 8

KatjaPriebke
Galactic 3
Galactic 3
0 Kudos

Hello Ward,

we have noticed problems with set dates as well and found that SAP has changed your date/time patterns back to default. We only have the problems for admins not working in english locale and english date/time format. When changing the date format for your admin account it is working. 

Perhaps you should check following note as well: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2991694

We have already raised a SAP ticket even if we are using another date format than listed in the note. 

Kind Regards, Katja

0 Kudos

I think we are talking about two different issues. I am referring to the Required dates Editor, located at Manage User Learning > Edit Required Dates.

MaryKatherineJ
Galactic 6
Galactic 6
0 Kudos

Hey Ward,

I just tried the Edit Required Dates feature in our Prod environment, and it worked without issue to set and then to change a required date for an item assigned through a sub-curriculum.  Here are my testing steps:

1. Find item assigned through a sub-curriculum to a test user.  Note that assignment has no required date.  In this example, the assignment type was not required, fyi.

2. Using Edit Required Dates, searched for and selected the one test user.  On step 2, searched for and selected the sub-curriculum ID (not the parent curriculum ID).  Skipped step 3 (item not assigned through curriculum.).  On step 4, located the test item and populated a date in the future.

3. Viewed test user's Assigned Items and confirmed the test item assigned through the sub-curriculum showed the new due date.

4. Returned to Edit Required Dates, searched for same test user and same sub-curriculum, located same test item and entered a new due date.

5. Returned to test user's Assigned Items and confirmed the due date had changed for the test item assigned through the sub-curriculum.

I did not try to REMOVE a due date using Edit Required Dates because I have not been able to do that previously except through manual removal on the user's Assigned Items tab.  Are your testing steps different from mine? 

Good luck with your testing!
Mary Katherine

0 Kudos

We do one thing differently. We usually use this feature when large projects get pushed back so, rather than select specific users, we search for a large group and then use the Select all the Users check box. It worked great in the past, but not now. After your test, I still searched for the same group but instead of using this check box, I just selected all the users. That worked.

This is why I do not want multiple major upgrades in the same year as was proposed recently. I never used to see this many issues after a release and have lost confidence in their quality system.

0 Kudos
I did the same test as Mary Katherine and it worked perfectly fine for me and I checked the Select all the Users of the search results and verified the same number of users were updated with the required date indicated. This was actually one of our test scripts that we had run but did not run for p31 which I just ran now after seeing your posting. Regards, May

0 Kudos

I'm not sure what's different in our system then. Just to verify, you are using the check box to identify search results across multiple screens?

Come to think of it, you mentioned comparing numbers. Are some of the people you searched for not assigned the curricula/item that is getting revised?

0 Kudos
Yes I am checking the box instead of selecting all users from search results. I search for all users assigned the curricula therefore the user search results would be all users assigned the curricula as I want to change their required dates for the item in that curricula.

0 Kudos

That may be the difference. I select a large group of people, run the process, and allow the system to change those assigned. The end result being, "## of ### Users updated with required dates."

I have found this to be much faster for projects where everyone should have the same required date, which is usually when we use this tool at all.