Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Content Object > Use AICC Wrapper

ward_scott
Galactic 6
Galactic 6
0 Kudos

I know we had previously identified that there was an issue with [New?] Course Home and the AICC wrapper resulted in multiple unnecessary screens for the user to progress through. And, I thought that the implementation was being held back until there was a solution. However, we identified the issue in validation (where I hoped it was an issue with our disabled customer upgrade) but find the issue now appears in production. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

3 REPLIES 3

lindadoherty
Galactic 2
Galactic 2
0 Kudos

Did you get any update?  It does require too many clicks and windows popping up. 

0 Kudos

Yes. They said that behavior was intentionally designed that way. 😳

I am currently looking at using an external(?) wrapper as I feel this is an unacceptable UI when acknowledging controlled documents. 

MaryKatherineJ
Galactic 6
Galactic 6
0 Kudos

@ward_scott, in our test system, we originally allowed the option for "Launch in New Browser Window" to remain available to admins to check, since that represented the default behavior that we were used to seeing in the legacy UI.  When that setting was enabled on the content object, the user was presented with the link "Click to Launch" (or something similar).  When that link was clicked, a new window or tab would open that would then show the AICC wrapper buttons and another link that said "Launch".  When the user clicked that link, the document would either display in the main wrapper frame or (depending on the user's browser's settings), another window/tab would open and a download dialog box would appear.  At the end, the user would have to close 3 or 4 browser windows or tabs to get back to the main content window.

However, when I enabled the new setting in the LMS_ADMIN file for overrideContentLaunchInNewWindow=TRUE, I noticed that the main content window displayed the AICC wrapper buttons at the bottom, and the center section showed the link "Launch".  When the user clicked the Launch link, sometimes the document displayed in the center content section or (depending on the browser settings) it might open in one new browser tab/window, but the user would not have to close 3 or 4 new windows or tabs.  They might have to close one, but the Agree/Disagree buttons would be on the main content page.

We have decided that, when we do finally turn on Course Home in production, we will enable the overrideContentLaunchInNewWindow option.  I've given our instructional designers the heads up on that decision, so they have some time now to update SCORM content they think might be impacted.  But they were very supportive when I showed them the difference between launching in a new window vs. launching inline, and they were almost unanimous in their support.

Hope you are able to find an option that works for you too.

Good luck,
Mary Katherine